Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Every 3-5 months for years I get this telemarketing call from some totally obnoxious salesman that I think is in AZ or somewhere close. He always starts out saying the same thing

HEY BILL!!!

I say that's not my name, it's William.

WELL BILL How the weather down there? Business Good?

Then he tells me his incredible deal about saw zall blades and what not. And he continues to call me Bill. It's not a problem other than that's not my name.

I'm polite with most people. I don't like the calls but everyone's gotta make a living; so I normally decline the offer and hang up.

Anyway he calls the other day and I am in a really foul mood. After insisting on calling me Bill like 5 times I say to him " you know, you are the WORST salesman that has EVER called me. I have NEVER bought anything from your company and will NEVER buy anything. You have said the same thing over and over again for years with no success, Please leave us alone. You are a pest.

Anyway this homicidal maniac starts calling me every 5 minutes for the next 2 hours with prank calls.

Has anyone here been telemarketed by this guy? Totally obnoxious.

Next time he calls, say, "Alright, alright. I give in. I'll take one of everything you have." Then give him all incorrect information.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

dont know if its the same guy but i do get the sazall blade call at least once a month

if i tell them i have plenty and dont need more they tell me about their drill bits

That jack ass has been around for years . yep sawsall blades, extension cords and bunggy cords. He has been calling me for about 20 years. Always calls me about 6 in the morning. One time I hung up on him and he called me back about 6-7 times really fast and was saying ....how do you like me hanging up on you *******. The guys nuts and wont give up. I never buy anything from them so why does he waste mine and his time for 20 years, thats crazy. It sounds exactly like the one calling me all the time. Cant get anythging on caller id he has it blocked. Ya he is a real piece of work being he will still call you after he has screwed with you. just tell him to hang on a sec while you get your glasses or something so you can see, then set the telephone down and go back to bed. he will hang up after a while lol.

[Edited by dec on 09-20-2005 at 11:50 PM]

do what I do when they ask you if your busy
    say no I'm just taking a dump or pinching a loaf etc so I can talk between grunts then grunt loudly and say boy thats a big one hope it flushes

then if that doesn't get em use a loud horn in the phone see if you can make his ear ring
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

MUST READ!!

I see you guys don't know much about the tele-marketing, long distance, or the telephone business!

Ok, first this guys calls... no problem here.
    (it does have to be within your states calling hours!)

Then, after he calls and harasses you... *57 the idiot.
    Yes this cost money, but is WELL worth it. It logs this guy’s number with the telephone company and sends him a letter to let him know that this is taking place on his number. Telling him he better not do it again. When it happens three times, he losses his number. End of story, he will have to get a new number.

Call the Utility Commission for your area. If you can get this guys name, business name, address and phone number, he's in DEEP **** with them. They don't mess around!

I have used the last two with GREAT results!
    This guy deserves all that he receives!

Now go get this Jerk!

Thanks didn't know about *57

Someone at work brought this joke in about telemarketeers.

Basically it went like this.

Phone rings the guy picks up the phone and the telemarketeer starts his speal. The guy quickly thinks and blurts out "Make sure you tape off that area where the body and blood is. We don't want any contamination." Goes back to the phone "Who is this? It doesn't matter we've been tapping this phone for months and with caller ID we know where you're at and by now a police car is on its way to bring you in for interrogation." Other end of line "click."
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

the next time he calls me i will get his name, phone #, and maybe address and i will post it here

that way if you know what his voice sounds like when you call him you can start to jerk his chain also

I mean can you imagine if he got 300 calls in one day from lots of different guys who want to install furnace or air for him

I had a problem with a "supply" company years ago. Hi pressure telemarketer would keep calling here. My spouse takes all my calls, while I'm out making a buck. Would call all hours, but I wan't here. He would lie about who he was thinking he would get to me. But I wasn't here! Anyway, he got obscene with my honey, so it became personal. I got ahold of the company and got the usual bs.

Eventually, I talked to some woman who sounded normal. I explained the situation to her, and she told me there is no way to figure out who did that unless you bought something from the rep.so it could be traced. They have all types doing these calls on a commission basis. I read in an article where that includes prisoners, too! So I just politely ask them to put me on the do not call list, and hang up immediately, to avoid any garbage talk.

I used to say "I never buy anything from a telemarketer" but I gave up my one man crusade.

But if nobody bought garbage from telemarkters, wouldn't it die out after a few days? No need for regulations, or any kind of uproar. Just starve them out folks.

They always ask for my first name... I go by my middle name.

"May I ask who is calling?" It is (ABC Jerk off) I tell them sorry but he is dead, this is his attorney how may I help you? They always hang up and who calls back a dead man?

Short and sweet

Red face

He called me too. I told him I didn't even know what a saw was, but Nevada convinced me that I needed $10 worth to them so I game him my credit card number.

Originally posted by lusker
    They always ask for my first name... I go by my middle name.

"May I ask who is calling?" It is (ABC Jerk off) I tell them sorry but he is dead, this is his attorney how may I help you? They always hang up and who calls back a dead man?

Short and sweet
    We actually have a salesman at calls once a week and ask for Doug, he died back in June, and we tell him that everytime he calls and he still calls. Last time he screwed up and forgot to block the caller ID. I now have his number. If he calls back, his ass is mine.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

The guy selling sazall blades, his name is Chris Davis and he sounds like a black guy. The last time he called was a couple of years ago. I got his name and number and I called the Sherriff in his area, the Sherriff went and paid him a visit for me. I havn't heard from him since.

I'm not sure what was up with the sherriff but it never worked for anybody else I called to complain about. I guess it was a slow day for him.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast