Need Help Locating Air Filter for Carrier 58STA

I am new here. I need help. I can't locate the air filter for my Carrier 58STA. I looked at the owner's manual and it shows that there should be an air filter compartment adjacent the unit. I have attached two pictures. Since I didn't see an adjacent compartment, I thought that may be the air filter would be behind the door in the first picture. As you can see in the second picture, I didn't see any access to an air filter after removing the door. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the door behind the door

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal535 View Post
    the door behind the door
    Thank you for your suggestion. I looked behind the door behind the door...and the air filter is not there.

then put one in 16x25x1

Quote Originally Posted by Starksforever View Post
    I am new here. I need help. I can't locate the air filter for my Carrier 58STA. I looked at the owner's manual and it shows that there should be an air filter compartment adjacent the unit. I have attached two pictures. Since I didn't see an adjacent compartment, I thought that may be the air filter would be behind the door in the first picture. As you can see in the second picture, I didn't see any access to an air filter after removing the door. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

try opening the lower door on the furnace if not there while panel is off look into the duct by the fan to the left, and lastly if not in either place then you might have a filter grille