+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vent options for wolf range and vent

Post Likes

Vent options for wolf range and vent

We purchased a 48" wolf Range and hood. Our only option to vent external is between the wall studs down to under house into crawl space and through outside wall.

I have a 1200CFM inline vent.

Question:

How much CFM am I going to loose by going from 10" round to 3 1/2 x 14 rectangle and back to 10" round under the house. The total run of the rectangle is about 72" with a 90 degree and about 15 feet of 10" round.

Anyone ever vented range hood this way?

Post Likes
    does your range have a broiler? lots of smoke and grease off of a broiler.

call wolf they are very helpful and they will be willing to assist you with this.

Post Likes
    I have seen this done before in certain situations. You need to check with your local building department to varify it is allowed by your local code. Before you call the building department you need to call the manufacturers technical support.

Generally:
    10" round duct = 400 cfm
    3 1/2" X 14" rectangular duct = 150 cfm

Ideally the duct run should be as short as possible with as few turns as possible to reduce the build up of grease. On average most people fail to clean the grease filters on the hood often enough. Ductwork size is based on the friction of the moving air versus the duct itself and the blowers ability to counter this friction. I think the 3 1/2" X 14" duct will be the limiting factor of the system.

Hope this helps.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

Post Likes
    It needs make up air.
    Or open a window when you run it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in