Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dhvac
    Professional Member

lakeman
    that is not humane
    this is why i said if you get a clean shot and hit them in the head they are dead and didnt suffer at all

although I think if they are a pest they should be killed I dont think they should be made to suffer

note to anyone in a mobile home if you poison a cat expect to find it in the belly paper

Look I am not going to argue that it is not totaly humane. However people look at shooting them as a very bad thing. Animal abuse, gets all the animal lovers in a uproar. Someone might hear the gun go off. The animal might not die there and someone might find it. Gun shot wounds are frowned on by the law. Not killing them is called "To willfully and maliciously maim or wound a domestic animal without the consent of the owner" A class "A" misdemeanor in Kansas. I am sure shooting them to death would be worse.

If it is wandering around with no wounds and dies they look at like it was sick. Now don't get me wrong I have 2 cats myself. I wouldn't do that to someone elses animal without a very damm good reason. I am also a diabetic and know that it will work. I have never done that myself to a animal, it was merly a sugestion. (I have thought about it seriously a few times)

FLEA BITTEN HAIR BAGS
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by John Walker
    ....to rid the last place I lived at of the coons ...
    Enough of them move in and the nieghborhood is ruin.

Originally posted by lakeman1234
    If you want to get rid of it for good when you catch it here is a idea. Find a diabetic and get a needle loaded with long acting insulin. Give the shot to the cat and let it go. The insulin will start to peak in about 4 to 8 hours and it will drop dead somewhere else. Very little evidence to link you to it. Better than shooting it with a gun which will have PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) all over you.

Is that how you got rid of the wife?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

If you didn't have "Cat" at the end of the post heading, you would get lots more advice.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Wham bam caught the little B"S*A*D

Thanks for the advice. Followed the suggestion about cardbard in the cage.

This is what worked:
    Cardboard in the bottom of the cage floor

A little food at the door, a little all along to the back of the cage. Then at the very back a generous portion.

A towel over the trap

A couple of nights with the cage in the garage so it would get used to the idea.

Caught the little B'tard last night about 1:00a.m. It is a humane trap too so other than the cat looking confused it is okay.

Unfortunately no tags on the guy. Bet it has never been fixed either. Usually that will keep them home. He is a very pretty cat but off to the pound he goes. I really can not ask the neighbors since a subdivision backs up to my 5 acres, and most on my road live on acreage tracts of land.

Wish he had tags on him or her or whateve it is.

Glad I could help, thanks for doing the right thing.

so this is the end of the cat wars

Re: Re: When I bought my home

Originally posted by vmc1161
    Originally posted by spotts
    "Did you notice Marshy got rid of all them cats?" Yup.

Marshy What the hell is a "Marshy" and is it really that dangerous?

Oh by the way we have four cats, if I had known at the convention about this cat killing episode I would have scratched your eyes out.
    Marshy is what folks called the old man. Marsh Brunelli like 95. Fed them damn cats one order of Curly Fries every day from the pool hall. 50 starving wild cats and 1/2 lb. of fries for food. They were a local pest, cat fights all night long, into everything looking for food. In every trashcan all night, all mangy and sick and WILD and breeding everywhere. They were not your precious Kittypooo's VMC. If you'd have seen one you'd have been like "****, don't touch that cat" They were all over like multi-colored rats. A rabies epidemic waiting to happen. Now about scratchin my eyes out....... See ya in Vermont.

[Edited by spotts on 09-25-2005 at 08:07 PM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

outside rep
    Professional Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by lakeman1234
    If you want to get rid of it for good when you catch it here is a idea. Find a diabetic and get a needle loaded with long acting insulin. Give the shot to the cat and let it go. The insulin will start to peak in about 4 to 8 hours and it will drop dead somewhere else. Very little evidence to link you to it. Better than shooting it with a gun which will have PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) all over you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PETA LOL that is funny

I dont know about that way to killing them I would rather be shot them go into a seizer and die of my spine snapping because of it

but hey thats just me

Actually when you take too much insulin it can be compared to a bad buzz (Not a good buzz like drinking) feeling week and just wanting to lay down and conserve energy. Not a seizer with your spine snapping. If you don't eat fairly soon you can pass out and if you really took way too much insulin you will go into a coma and can die.

Re: Re: Re: When I bought my home

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spotts
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by vmc1161
    [B]
    Originally posted by spotts
    Now about scratchin my eyes out....... See ya in Vermont.

[Edited by spotts on 09-25-2005 at 08:07 PM]

Ummm Eye scratching is illegal in Vermont, least thats what I heard.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

the way I have been taught is the 3s's
    shoot
    shovel
    shut-up
    Still learning opinions welcome.

we live in a very rural farming town of like 75 people.

Come to think of it, we still dont have rabbits or squirrels and that was like 8 years ago that I cleaned the cats out. Got skunks and raccoons and deer.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast