+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was I wrong?

Post Likes
    armchair quaterbacks to coin a yankee phrase

I would only add that I would have disconnected the y as I has experienced dickheads turn power back on after I leave and to ensure the comp doesn't try to start

thats what I would have done would have been able to confirm entire problem on second trip
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    You did what you felt you needed to do. It's the beauty of owning your own business. I don't know how many Firestones are in your area and maybe you pissed away some potential commercial customers BUT if they all follow behind you and make their own repairs and adjustments I say screw'm.

In my neighborhood that ladder would not have even been there the next day.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Thank you two morons for you last two post. I didn't know that.
    Well why didn't ya do it......moron.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Ya get on the job, surely even if the comp is bad, you can check the condenser motor. Then you tell them it needs a motor not sure about the compressor. Here are your options. Change the motor and test the pump, if it works, all done you owe me this much. If it doesn't run, here is cost of new pump. OR you say up front why not change the entire unit now, it is older and may start to cost more that it's worth, here is price on emerg change out, I will start on it right now.

Get your mind off of dancing against girls behinds.....
    Do I have to come down there.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Ya get on the job, surely even if the comp is bad, you can check the condenser motor. Then you tell them it needs a motor not sure about the compressor. Here are your options. Change the motor and test the pump, if it works, all done you owe me this much. If it doesn't run, here is cost of new pump. OR you say up front why not change the entire unit now, it is older and may start to cost more that it's worth, here is price on emerg change out, I will start on it right now.

Get your mind off of dancing against girls behinds.....
    Do I have to come down there.
    Friday afternoon, I am dealing with idiots that I responded to within 10 minutes and could have fixed the unit that day but they told me it was fixed and a 3rd party pays at some later date (maybe). . I have a $5,000 check to pick up and a house to get a final on and a start up. What is your call?

Post Likes
    OR...

You can say over the phone to your "national middle man", my diagnostic fee is $xx.xx and I need to collect it cash upon arrival. This way you filter out the scums that don't ever pay (sandflea quik stops & restaurants etc..) and you can either take your time for the diagnosis or do it in 5 min.....you get paid the same either way. I think you are probably billing hourly and that is what the underlying problems stem from.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Post Likes
    Dice if you go down there let me know, I am going with ya. We will have him voting Dem in no time.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Post Likes
    Same call, go get the 5K, ya already got them other jobs.
    A change out like that doesn't take very long, put off the other stuff, like I said, ya already got those jobs and they are not an emerg. They will drag on for days anyway.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    OR...

You can say over the phone to your "national middle man", my diagnostic fee is $xx.xx and I need to collect it cash upon arrival. This way you filter out the scums that don't ever pay (sandflea quik stops & restaurants etc..) and you can either take your time for the diagnosis or do it in 5 min.....you get paid the same either way. I think you are probably billing hourly and that is what the underlying problems stem from.

God Steve, I had no idea you were this country dumb.

Post Likes
    Your response doesn't surprise me. I have noticed you haven't ever been able to take constructive criticism very well. I bet there have been many many people that could have taught you things (not necessarily hvac) but they witheld because they knew you would argue with them instead of thanking them. See how you are limiting your abilty to learn and get along with the world? Who knows maybe your sour attitude was the reason the counter guy was rude to you. Fix yourself first and the a/c repair will come much eaiser to you.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    Your response doesn't surprise me. I have noticed you haven't ever been able to take constructive criticism very well. I bet there have been many many people that could have taught you things (not necessarily hvac) but they witheld because they knew you would argue with them instead of thanking them. See how you are limiting your abilty to learn and get along with the world? Who knows maybe your sour attitude was the reason the counter guy was rude to you. Fix yourself first and the a/c repair will come much eaiser to you.

Hey Donor>>>you can't get cash from a retail store that has a contract with a 3rd party to call a service company. Has nothing to do with criticism. The first company that came was not called by the 3rd party which was a contract violation . In case you can't read there were two steps require of me. Seeing what was wrong THEN calling the contracted company to go forward with a repair which was not open on Saturday. NOT your program. Why don't you concentrate on doing heat loads for Pizza Hut and why ketchup cose in a small packet ? As you know, other things could be happenig other than the fan motor out http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=76426

Post Likes
    Hey I was just trying to be helpful, I gave some solid input and you told me I could not read.

The situation is very clear, you showed up because you felt that you had to, but you had no plans on doing anything other than diagnosing the problem and in the end you failed to even make a diagnosis.

What exactly did they get for their service call investment. Some rhetoric about your " I only work on cool compressors" philosophy.

They calle dyou to fix it dude, just fix it

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    Hey I was just trying to be helpful, I gave some solid input and you told me I could not read.

The situation is very clear, you showed up because you felt that you had to, but you had no plans on doing anything other than diagnosing the problem and in the end you failed to even make a diagnosis.

What exactly did they get for their service call investment. Some rhetoric about your " I only work on cool compressors" philosophy.

They calle dyou to fix it dude, just fix it
    They got what they deserved. And you still can't read.

When I wanted a opinion, it wasn't from a dolt. I make my diagnostics my way, that was never the reason for the post which is another example of why you are comprehension impaired The un medicated here are with me, that is all that matters.

See ya!

Post Likes
    Hey it's your call. Its calls like those that seperate the different levels of technicians. Right now I would say you are lacking discipline in your game, you should work on that part of your game and try to get yourself up another level.

Post Likes
    The game?

My e-mail is in my profile when ever you want to match W2's, licenses and professional certifications.

If you know about HVAC like you do about NFL Football, I'm safe.

Post Likes
    Well what ya got ?

If you are working for a company that does those stupid national accounts you can't even be in the same ballpark as me.

Post Likes
    Like I said dumbass and you just showed the Internet, you can't read. :

Post Likes
    Which would you want to match first, and should I count my college degree ?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    Which would you want to match first, and should I count my college degree ?

That degree ..was it in reading comprehension, NFL football?

Post Likes
    no it was mechanical engineering , isn't that obvious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in