Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Was I wrong?

arguing on the net about nonsense...that's productive...think i'll go watch some paint dry.

Originally posted by jrbenny
    arguing on the net about nonsense...that's productive...think i'll go watch some paint dry.

Right, It's like I wasn't expecting a cross examination from Perry Mason .

Well I had fun.....
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Looks as if James's "fan club" has increased by one.

Monty Python stikes again

Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by jrbenny

Right, It's like I wasn't expecting a cross examination from Perry Mason .
    "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Had to be there I guess.

Still, chilling it down should have been the easiest way.

[Edited by Stamas on 09-24-2005 at 07:36 PM]

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

You should of went over to the 7-11 and got a couple of bags of ice and cooled the compressor off. You can also pack snow around it in the winter time if it is a refrigeration call.

Oh wait you can't do the second suggestion. Never mind.

Georgia what a mess.

I should of asked for replies from areas that actually have airconditioners. I would have rather done the job yesterday if time permitted. It would have not put me on the roof with a hang over on Saturday morning. Yes, it was all part of a evil plan to drag my ass out of bed a put up with this **** again for the 12th straight day.

Hey, it was 88 here one day this summer........

Anyways, keep filling us with after the fact responces and reasoning...

Thank you!
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Well James

ya shoulda went and got that ice and iced that baby down on a Sat. am all hung over and all, bet ya never thought of that. huh, right!!!!!!!

Like I said you have more patience than I do, especially hung over.
    I'd a stuck that cell phone up his ass, and then told the little twerp, ya need a new unit cause you went up there and turned on that disconnect and fried the compressor you little twit.

That E-350 out there needs a new set of sneakers, there junior, or should I call your boss and tell him you screwed the pooch.

Actually you should of just put the fan motor in and not made a big hassle out of it, had you turned the unit off and changed the fan motor the comp would have cooled and you could have started it up right then and there and had your answer, if one of my techs came back to me and said the comp was off on overload ANS the condenser fan was not running, and that he wanted to wait til it cooled down the next day, he wouldn't have a job the next day, nobody was going to hold money back on just cause the unit may have needed two parts instead of one, there is no written law that says there can only be one failed part at a time. You should have put the fan in, you turned the thing into a project. Just puy the fan in, whats the big deal, did you think that after the compressor cooled the fan would be OK ?,,,,Geez, don't you think a con fan not running could be the cause of the compressor tripping thermodisc ?

Originally posted by gruvn
    Actually you should of just put the fan motor in and not made a big hassle out of it, had you turned the unit off and changed the fan motor the comp would have cooled and you could have started it up right then and there and had your answer, if one of my techs came back to me and said the comp was off on overload ANS the condenser fan was not running, and that he wanted to wait til it cooled down the next day, he wouldn't have a job the next day, nobody was going to hold money back on just cause the unit may have needed two parts instead of one, there is no written law that says there can only be one failed part at a time. You should have put the fan in, you turned the thing into a project. Just puy the fan in, whats the big deal, did you think that after the compressor cooled the fan would be OK ?,,,,Geez, don't you think a con fan not running could be the cause of the compressor tripping thermodisc ?
    I heard that you are Eddy..is that true? Eddy could not read either.

Hey GRUVN,

Did James EVER say the condenser motor WAS bad???

Since we ARE guessing, lets throw this scenerio out for kicks...

Condensor has fan cycling controls, the unit does INDEED have a BAD compressor. It's tripping on its overload thermodisc.

James checks the motors windings and the shaft turns freely. Humm he says, the motor tests just fine.

Lets check this compressor out before I install parts that I might just have to uninstall after I check the compressor.

Sound right so far?

Thing is, we were NOT there. We don't know when the call came into his office. We don't know what other calls he had for the day. He DID get treated like **** on the first trip! Then gets someone that WON'T listen to him when TRYING to diagnose THEIR problem!

I'd have told them to go...

Someone that messes with equipment when someone is called out to repair it is just asking for trouble!

Originally posted by James 3528
    Thank you two morons for you last two post. I didn't know that.
    Just show you learn something new everyday. D)

Run your company anyway you want. Seems to me you must be doing something right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast