Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Do us all a favor. It is obvious he has a mental problem. If you don't want to help him or get him help, then don't tell us about him. There is enough misery in the world already.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. He fights those that try and help him but gladly excepts cash.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I hear Georgia is nice.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I think you are missing the point. You can have him taken into custody and evaluated. Most places you go to Probabte Court and talk to the judge. This isn't funny Dice, and you of all people ought to know that.

I would not have him taken into custody, that is for sure.
    I still say Georgia is the answer.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

All they would do is hold him for 24 hour observation and release him the following day. There are no more nut houses left here in MI. I dont think he is a nut, just disfunctional like an alchoholic with out the alchohol.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I would definetly not try to get him locked up that won't work, unless he is a real danger.

Is he bipolar, that's easily treated if you can get them to take their meds.
    Either way he's your brother, get your family involved that's what family is for. If he resist which is common the, "I'm not nuts" routine you may have to just watch him deteriorate and that can be painfull, for him,you and your family.

If you don't do anything to help him you will have to live with that.

My point was never locked up. And what I am talking about is more than 2 days. Whippy, you are in denial that he has a mental problem that is untreated.

His mental problem is that he is lazy and would rather be painting pictures than get a job where he might have to work and have someone tell him what to do. He does not like being told what to do and shrugs off guidence. A typical artsy fartsy attitude if you ask me. For example, he has all sorts off bumy clothing and if I offered him a brand new carthart coat he would not take it because its not what he wares. He would rather walk 8 miles than take the bus. He has got bags of quarters in the garage and says they are for an emergency. Through out his life, family and friends try and help him and then he complains that we are no good and that we dont help him. Lets face it, some individuals you just cant help. I will give him food and he can have a shower but I will not give him money or provide him shelter. He gets coffee grounds in the sugar bowl for petes sake.

Over the summer, I did offer to by him a bus ticket to go anywhere in the USA. I suggested florida. He refused and said that the hicks would kill him down there. Whatever. Atleast he would not freeze. Even California, there are alot of art nuts out there. Blew that off too. Said that there are to many cults.

[Edited by coolwhip on 09-24-2005 at 02:54 PM]
    -- Confucius

Maybe someone will show up and reinforce my opinion that he has some mental issues. You have explained the behavior of my step son. He went into a deeper problem.

Coolwhip,

I admire all that you've done for your brother. Sounds like your a good brother to have done as much as you have. Obviously theres a end to helping someone & he's definitely used up all the free rides. I hope it works out for him & I also hope you dont feel guilty about what you've had to do. I think we all woulda done the same thing. Good Luck with it.
    Later,
    Alan
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Maybe remember and refridge mafia would give him a job as a consultant for their posts.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Sounds like a manic depressive to me. Maybe even a paranoid schitzophrenic.
    I know someone that is a parnoid schitzophrenic.
    And many of the signs are there.
    There may be even more things going on that you are not seeing.

Originally posted by oil lp man
    Sounds like a manic depressive to me. Maybe even a paranoid schitzophrenic.
    I know someone that is a parnoid schitzophrenic.
    And many of the signs are there.
    There may be even more things going on that you are not seeing.

Bingo. When you learn about this....and it takes a while, you start thinking different. A lot of people can be helped and never are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast