Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I got a call from my homeless brother. He asked if he could come by and pick up a coat. I am storing some of his things since he moved here from Ohio this summer. He also tells me that its his last birthday today because he will probably freeze to death this winter. He is also very upset because someone tore down his hut that he built in the woods on the outskirts of town. That someone took his blanket and pillow as well. He says that he is going to assult that person and that he does not care if he goes to jail. When he moved here, I let him stay with us for six weeks. He would sleep till noon, wake and drink 8 cups of coffee, hangout in the garage and paint all day and then go for a long walk till about midnight or so. I simply told him that its time to go. I gave him 300 bucks and bought him a back pack. Every so often he calls and wants money and say no. This crap is really getting on my last nerve. His skill as an artist is excellent and he paints like the old masters but he cant find a job to save his life. What a mess!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry about your brother. I was thinking while reading your post about how you should do something to help him out but then you covered that later in the post. Got to be hard to watch and I wish you the best trying to deal with it.

Tell him to live under the overpass at a highway near you, theres a guy here thats been doing just that for about 20 years. Unless of course the homo's are already using it. A good sleeping bag, some blankets, a pillow and some plastic to keep everything dry. Some people just live a different life. Nothing wrong with that if they bring no harm to others. I know it pains you but he is who he is. Good luck and I hope things work out. Even if it is in a bit of a strange way.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Get him a bus ticket to New Orleans when they let the people back in. Plenty of painting there.

Tell him you don't have any spare coats. The Goodwill, Salvation Army and many Churchs have clothing lockers and will give him a coat for free. As long as you are a soft touch, you will be giving to him. What conditions cause your brother to be homeless? Is he looking for a job?Is he mentally deficient? Does he drink excessivly? Does he use drugs? Is he just lazy? How does your family feel about him? Do you have any other brothers or sisters who can help him? Is it possible for him to move to a warmer climate? Tell him you hope he doesn't freeze to death this winter, but if he does, ask him to leave a note so you can be notified and give him a decent burial.

No drugs or alchohol. He has a 10th grade education. He is 50 years old and has no ID. He lived in barberton ohio for the last 30 years which is a very poor city. He made a modest living by painting murals and signs for businesses and buildings as well as personal commissions. Then one day, there just wasnt any more work to be had. So he moved up here to MI. Lived with mom and dad for 3 months and they kicked him out and then I kicked him out. He seems to have a negative attitude most of the time and thinks he knows everything. He does not listen to advice and constantly talks about conspiracys and the illuminati and crap like that and he wont shut up. I sometimes walk away from him mid sentence and still hear him babbleing as Im walking away. What can I do? I cant shoot him, the police will lock me up.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I have a pretty good idea what your dealing with. Its hard when its family to telling them how stupid so of their decisions are. I guess its not even that easy when its not family...... have a few friends like that too. I have a brother that was pretty lost for about 8 years after his divorce. Cant say he was homeless but he made every bad decision and was a target for every person out there with a scheme to separate him from what little money he had. Lost half his retirement, his job, his confidence and was really stuggling. You try to help them out and where does it get you, pissed lol. I loaned my brother $8500.00 to help him out of trouble and he pissed it away on something else then what I loaned it to him for. Just like throwing it in the wind. Ok so like they say dont loan money to friends or family ...... Its true. If your not willing to just give it to them and not expect it back, dont do it. Oh well at least he has pretty well straightened up. Oh well just a matter of time till he will be in trouble again when your hanging out chasing strippers and hookers. He doesnt know I know it but I do. Tough to watch but then what can you do?

Originally posted by coolwhip
    No drugs or alchohol. He has a 10th grade education. He is 50 years old and has no ID. He lived in barberton ohio for the last 30 years which is a very poor city. He made a modest living by painting murals and signs for businesses and buildings as well as personal commissions. Then one day, there just wasnt any more work to be had. So he moved up here to MI. Lived with mom and dad for 3 months and they kicked him out and then I kicked him out. He seems to have a negative attitude most of the time and thinks he knows everything. He does not listen to advice and constantly talks about conspiracys and the illuminati and crap like that and he wont shut up. I sometimes walk away from him mid sentence and still hear him babbleing as Im walking away. What can I do? I cant shoot him, the police will lock me up.
    Whippy, your brother is mentally ill. Try to get him some help.

It should take your signature and one other family member.

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    Exactly what I was preparing to write...

Whippy, your brother is mentally ill. Try to get him some help.

It should take your signature and one other family member.

I feel your pain, I had an older brother that was always in need. He was so smart it was scary had a 147 I.Q. and he was also bipolar. He never took care of himself no meds, he'd be good for awhile then go off the deep end. He was an excellent heating mechanic, had his own business for a while, never really got off the ground cause he would play instead of work.

Strange you should post this today, he died of colon cancer 18 years ago today 9/24/87. It was really tuff watching him waste away, I bet he only weighed 90lb's when he died and he was a big guy. He had 7 kids I have a picture of his twin 18 month old boys sitting on his lap that was taken a month or so before he died. Man is that picture hard to look at but I force myself to, cause I loved him he was my brother.

Thanks for your posts you guys! I have told him where the shelters are and he says he would rather die than go to one. I really dont want him around my family because I dont necessarily trust him. He has a propensity for violence from living in squaller all those years. You know..a street mentality. I think his days are numbered. I let you know if he freezes to death this winter.

Theodore Roosevelt

Do us all a favor. It is obvious he has a mental problem. If you don't want to help him or get him help, then don't tell us about him. There is enough misery in the world already.

The Illuminati, the guys from the DaVinci code??
    Wow, that is weird, good luck.
    It's warmer in the south ya know, how about Georgia, near the beach?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast