Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Blower motor tester

I am looking to get any info if there is a tester for the ECM blower motors
    And is there a way to jump th out to test them

The Zebra ecm tester
    It's Hammer Time!

i use a printout of the pin connections and check for DC voltage on that pin. If ive got voltage and motor no go i replace motor. Alot cheaper than the Zebra. Does anyone have this printout you can download.

Here ya go. How do you know if its the motor or the module the way you check it? Or do you just replace both? You will find that MOST of the time its only the module!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

both

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Here ya go. How do you know if its the motor or the module the way you check it? Or do you just replace both? You will find that MOST of the time its only the module!
    that is a 2006 printout. is there a more recent one? this weekend I had to mount a psc motor with a relay for a customer because their motor/module quit. to damn hot down here to wait a few days to order the right module from trane. that whole process kinda ticks me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    that is a 2006 printout. is there a more recent one? this weekend I had to mount a psc motor with a relay for a customer because their motor/module quit. to damn hot down here to wait a few days to order the right module from trane. that whole process kinda ticks me off.
    Thats why we have a programmer, it takes about 30 seconds to program a new one!

I have the Tec Mate Pro. Works every time. I also have the adpter for the newer 4 pin setup. Attach to 24volts plug in the harness flip the switch if the motor starts it is good to go. If not change out the motor. We change the whole motor and end bell.

http://12.21.92.154/res/links/tecmateXL.pdf

Thats why we have a programmer, it takes about 30 seconds to program a new one!
    Details?

Quote Originally Posted by ptemko View Post
    I have the Tec Mate Pro. Works every time. I also have the adpter for the newer 4 pin setup. Attach to 24volts plug in the harness flip the switch if the motor starts it is good to go. If not change out the motor. We change the whole motor and end bell.

http://12.21.92.154/res/links/tecmateXL.pdf
    X2, but I didn't know about the 4 pin setup when did that happen? Sometimes it's just the windings though, these can be checked with a dmm on ohms after removing the head, three pin plug that you check 1-2, 1-3, 2-3 and all should be under 20 ohms(can't remember for sure). Than check each pin to ground which should be over 100k(again can't remember for sure, that's why we have cheat sheets ).

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    Details?
    Talk to your Trane parts dept for purchase of the programmer. You then download the software off Comfort Site and your good to go. Three motors and four modules pretty much covers there VS setups. My programmer will also do the X13's just haven't had time to screw with it.

Talk to your Trane parts dept for purchase of the programmer. You then download the software off Comfort Site and your good to go. Three motors and four modules pretty much covers there VS setups. My programmer will also do the X13's just haven't had time to screw with it.
    That's cool, so you just stock the three motors and four modules and program them based on the unit model number?

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    That's cool, so you just stock the three motors and four modules and program them based on the unit model number?
    Yup, that's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast