+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Long time listener - First time caller

Post Likes
    Speed at which they get to there destination doesn't matter, I just want to know the sheer odds of the chance that two cars on the same road going in the same direction, Actually have the same destination. would it be more likely that the cars on the freeway do or the cars on a city street ?

Example, any two cars traveling down Fifth Ave in New York City. Whats the probability in odds that they have the same destination ?

Verses

Example, Any two cars driving down I75, whats the probability in odds that they have the same destination ?

Destination = same place same address.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    Here is a question I need you to answer,

If there are two cars approaching a red light on a busy city street, and then somewhere else unrelated ,there are two cars approaching the same mile marker on a freeway

( both cars going in same direction in both scenarios)

Which set of cars is more likely to have the same final destination. ( same place same address ) The cars on the freeway or the cars on the city street ?

Give a detailed explanation of how you reached your answer.
    ================================================== ========

This guy hasn't changed. When he cannot figure out the answer to a question, he makes up his own.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    How am I suppose to figure out why a guy chose to name himself River, I threw up some potshots thats all I could do. There is no way to prove that I didn't get it right anyway,

( which I believe that I have already guessed it right anyway, with the pees the bed guess)

So I say that I did win !! and he is renigging on the shirt deal.Prove different please,

Anyway, do you know the answer to my question ?

NO ? ok think about it for a wjile, then take another stab at it. It may come to you eventually. Have a nice day I got to get on the road here.

Post Likes
    It was a Typo ...you meant liver_t....from the fact you're a serial killer who only offs women named Tallulah...then you remove their livers and you keep the collection in jars ,on your fireplace mantel.

It's elementary Watson.

Post Likes
    Your the lord of the River Dance?
    You can't be everything to everybody.

Post Likes
    ok I'll continue to guess, but this might get rough.

You were named after your mother ?

Post Likes
    River is a metaphor for Time.....keeps rollin like a river to the sea.

Post Likes
    I dont think you know where it comes from.

Post Likes
    Maybe someone said this i'm to lazy to look. How about as in on the river card, so maybe your lucky in cards or life. But how lucky could you be, your posting here.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    You got a few pages of guesses river what's the answer.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    He was born on a river ?

Post Likes

Smile I think ,

That you are one of the "Mill's Brothers" Up a lazy River or that slant eyed hunter from Wisconsin.

Post Likes
    You have a river of knowledge about HVAC, whereas I have an ocean ? Is this what you are getting at ?

Post Likes
    You had your first sexual encounter by the river, then he dumped you

Post Likes
    What does 37297-32514 equal?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Smile Hey Carnak

How's the weather there? Aren't you Canadian? I guess you know I am from South Texas. I sent my son to school and graduated from the University of Toronto. That was where his girlfriend was going to school at the time. She was going to Oxford in England. They met on line. She went to Japan to be a school teacher for 2 years. Their romance has been going on for the last 5 years. They will be getting married in December. Thanks for the oil, if you know what I mean. It must be a secret! Just rambling. Roy

[Edited by oroy54 on 09-26-2005 at 01:13 PM]

Post Likes
    Ok Carnak - sure I've had a few pages of guesses, but I'm not giving up on ya'll yet - you guys are a bunch of fart smellers..ERR.. Smart fellers, Here's a clue: I will say that Rew's first guess was the closest. There - that almost gives it away.
    "Dodge is a damn fine car. Ran over my wife with a Dodge" - Zeke, Married with children

Post Likes
    ok River is your last name,

ok River is your middle name ,

Post Likes
    Originally posted by river_t
    Ok Carnak - sure I've had a few pages of guesses, but I'm not giving up on ya'll yet - you guys are a bunch of fart smellers..ERR.. Smart fellers, Here's a clue: I will say that Rew's first guess was the closest. There - that almost gives it away.
    ================================================== ====

Your name is Tyler Rivers.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in