+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane RTAA080

Post Likes

Trane RTAA080

Repared another chiller earlier this week for a critical building with no back-up chiller. It had an SEO-70 EXV go bad on circuit A. Since they don't make the old ones anymore, I had to order a SEHI-100, two of them, and a EXV module. Those parts came in but we were waiting on two sets of 35 foot cable for the EXV's Trane said we needed as well. I looked it up and read the cables should have between 70-75 ohms of resistance while hooked up to EXV, when checking each of the two windings. The old cables hook up exactly to the new EXV's but I had to change the wire arrangment that connects to the module. I had 76ohms on one and 77ohms on the other. Chiller has been running like a champ. But when the cables did come in, I noticed that they were a bit different where it clips into the EXV connector. Not much, and to me I really don't think it does matter. It is probably a stupid question but I was wanting to know if anyone has any information on this and if indeed it may have some sort of long term problem that may show up or cause damge to EXV down the road.

Post Likes
    you now have a couple of new and unused cables. i have 2 unused cables too. i have had them for about 2 years now.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    If you do decide to install them, please take the time to remove the old cables. Don't just zip tie the new cables to the old ones! Same goes for temperature sensors...
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    If you do decide to install them, please take the time to remove the old cables. Don't just zip tie the new cables to the old ones! Same goes for temperature sensors...
    No kidding, I hate seeing cables just laying across everything underneath there. I guess no difference in the cables, just Trane trying to make some extra bucks? LOL Good news at least, thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpoke View Post
    No kidding, I hate seeing cables just laying across everything underneath there. I guess no difference in the cables, just Trane trying to make some extra bucks? LOL Good news at least, thanks.
    second that motion on the old cables!

since tranes kit is a retrofit, they are just supplying eveything needed for every possible situation.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in