Hello from Scotland

Howdy fellas, I work for a university as part of the mechanical engineering squad. I served an apprenticeship originally as a plumber and found that I loved gas work, so then went on to serve a second apprenticeship with British Gas as a technical engineer. Currently I am responsible, along with 4 other guys, for maintaining and repairing all the uni heating and ventilation stock ( No AC as it never gets hot enough in Scotland for that!) I'm interested in all aspects of the trade and find the experiences of people from different parts of the world to be fascinating, hence why I'm here. Hopefully I can learn from you fellas (or lassies!) and maybe I could be of help to some of you.

welcome aboard
    you'll need to get that post count up to be privy to the best info
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Welcome EH!

Look forward to your posts.....
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Welcome...

I work on UK plumbing a bit myself....

(The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Thumbs up

Thats great, you may just have become my go to man when I need some US terminology explained!

Welcome aboard!
    Back in the '90s I was a couple years with the US Navy in Dunoon. When I Discharged, I couldn't decide if I wanted to move to Scotland, or Alaska. Tossed back a shot, tossed a coin in the air, landed in Anchorage. Scotland will always hold a special place in my heart. And you have plenty of refrigeration there. I saw markets, I saw refrigerated trucks, ferries. You've landed in a good trade.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Welcome here!