Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Hybrid View

What the hell is going on? Here in MI I see the auto companies struggleing to stay afloat, half of their suppliers have declared bankruptcy, Delphi automotive may be declaring bankruptcy, Large companies are no longer offering medical benefits when you retire, unions are going down because their jobs are going to china, unemployment is at an all time high, no social security in my future, college tuition will cost half a million dollars by the time my kids are ready, everything is outragously priced. It was not that long ago when people were saving 20-30% of their income. Now your lucky if you can save 2%. If this is part of the new world order, I dont friggin want it! Time for a revolution! Screw china! screw south america! What about our own people. I would almost rather see a massive war so we can start a new reconstruction period and get back to the constitution. Are founding fathers spirits are crying out! I can hear them, can you?
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

well i coudn't have said it better my self

My parents were young adults during the Great Depression of the 1930's. When I was a young adult I had a lot more things then they did. I owned my own house when I was 25.

I have 4 kids and they are all college educated. They are doing pretty good for themselves.

I can not ever remember getting anything from a Government program. You have to make your own oppurtunity. I didn't raise my kids to want or need a job in a sneaker factory. Who is going to work in the factories???

I would look for problems in the furture.it stats with big companys like you have talked about, and just goes down from there I may be full of crap but I am going on the defense. I lost my office girl I am not replacing her I lost one installer I am not replacing him. I am cutting cost where ever I can I am getting out of debt. I am building a room in my garage just for water an food storage. I really think this economy is going south fast.There will be some event in the future that will effect all of us both left and right coast.It may be starting now I just herd to expect $5 a gallion for gas, if thats the case you can add $200 to any system you sell. There is a breaking point to all of this. The question is at what point that is. My honest advise to anybody is learn to be self sufficien, have food and water for at least 3 months, have guns for protection, generator and at least 50 gal of fuel for that generator and car. All of that stuff you can use on a daily basis, so if nothing happens who cares.

I don't want the gov to give me anything either, but it would be nice if they concentrated on the regular guy/middle class instead of millionaires and arabs once in awhile.
    And the gov can make a big diff as far as taxation, programs and platforms.
    Compare Hoover to Roosevelt, you will see the difference.
    Right now we got Hoover, ugh.
    Our founding fathers are turning over in their graves as runaway capitalism and greed rule the land, never mind the religious nuts who want to inject our democracy with what they believe to be the only way to salvation.
    And our country was the always thedebtee, as in we were owed money by the rest of the world, until Reagan, after that we owed them, now we owe them so much it is ridiculous. In time we will have to pay for that one way or another.
    Until we seperate gov from big biz it will not change.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I`m with you on that roncool,i have everything you mentioned
    already stored ,mainly cause i live on top the san andreas fault. I`ts only a matter of time when the big one hits.

I just wonder how much are govt. expects us to take? Reading that thread about how the credit companies plan to double minumum payments after this bankruptcy law comes to pass infuriated me. I dont have much credit debt but I am still paying off 70 grand in school loans. I cant even read the papers anymore because it depresses me for two days. I dont mean to sound militant bit this **** has got to stop. We need some to rally the troops. Someone cunning and witty.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

It's the fault of John Q. Public that all of this is going on.

We want CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, period. Just in our industry, everyone wants the lowest price. They hit us contractors for bottom dollar, we hit the distributor, the distributor hits the manufacturer and there's just so low they can go. They can cheapen the product which they certainly have done. The next step is find cheaper labor. And that cheaper labor is Mexico, China, all over the place. I remember when there was a work action at the local Carrier furnace factory. The gang there felt $15 an hour was too low for just standing there putting a part in a furance as it goes by. But a Mexican will do it for $2 and hour and in China, I hear they pay less. My experience says products made in China seem to work better than those made south of us.

So until Americans are willing to pay for products made by Americans, we will lose more & more jobs to 3rd world countries.

I worked retail for 15 years before HVAC. I saw it there too. We had products made in Japan & Korea that worked great but in order to be competitive, production was shipped to China to get the prices down. When I first started retail, I didn't see the cheap mentality. Then came the discount stores, the stores like Best Buy all pushing price over service. Nothing but price.

The problem is you need money to run for politics, and when you get money they expect favors, and until we change that, it will be an uphill battle for a decent, honest person to win a major election.
    I considered running but you guys need me here...
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    The problem is you need money to run for politics, and when you get money they expect favors, and until we change that, it will be an uphill battle for a decent, honest person to win a major election.
    I considered running but you guys need me here...

That pretty much says it there. It is never what is best for the country any more. You have a bunch of polititions that do everything to get more for their states wether it is a road to nowhere or a bridge with no road even to it . All they want is more money going to their state so it gets them more votes. Washington full of lobyists getting support for every corrupt thing out there. How many polititians sons have a job making a bundle doing nothing just to get their dads support for the business they work for. It just goes on and on and is getting worse. Its not a case of raising the lower class up. Its dragging the middle class down to the lower class. Just look at how they are acting about the people in New Orleans, they act as if there was no lower class there and now claim that they are shocked they did not realize it. Get real you can't raise the class of some people not will to do what it takes to get ahead but convinse the liberals of that. In their view you cannot survive without the government thinking for you. WHAT A JOKE.

welcome to your Walmart world.

...where the US debt (growing every day) is held in the hands of border-line third-world countries.

this is the price we pay for 'needing' our fix of V8 cars and giant SUVs, among other 'luxuries'.

It's a no-brainer that we can work harder and smarter to maintain our current level of living. The question is why that is so.

Historically, we've lived pretty much inflation free for many years now. This came with a hidden cost. Now the chickens have come home to roost. (Sorry for that analogy Bigbird).

So what we gained for all of those years was simply at the expense of the future. If we hadn't bought the foreign merchandise, the cost of living would have gone up more every year.

If you want things back the way they used to be, then the trade balance must go back to what it used to be. But you must be prepared to accept the cost of inflation that goes with it.

Ok so where does this all start??
    Jobs going over seas and to Mexico, why do you think that is?
    Well part of it is everyone thinks they are worth more than they are
    For example not too long ago when I got out of tech school and started in the field I did it for a whopping $6.50 an hour and folks I am not old
    I worked my way up to about 9 in 2 years because I worked my ass off and was at work to get the raises

Now (this will get me blasted Im sure) you have unions that constantly demand that employees get paid more and more
    These same people that want to make 20 an hour to stand on a line in a factory and do a job that a 6 yr old could do, want to beat everyone up for the price on everything so they can have even more

As far as the good old days my parents did not have cable, internet, cell phones, 2 or 3 or 4 cars, multiple TVs, DVD players, we ate at home probably 360 nights a year (home being either our own home or when we went to a family members for dinner and ate whet they actually cooked)

My dad packed his lunch everyday for many years (still does) we didnt get to buy $200 shoes for school

We never had anything designer unless mom saw it on the rack at goodwill

I didnt know anyone that had 100k worth of credit cards

So if you really look at it, maybe it all comes back to that fact that parents have spoiled there kids a little too much, never made them work for anything they got, these same kids who will not show up for work on time for 5 days in a row
    These same kids that think the world owes them a living
    Theses same kids who when they do work they have no real education or experience and demand top dollar for ****ty work at best
    These same kids that are now adults and running this country into the dirt

I could go on forever but then no one would read it anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast