Thread: Tax Collector's

My mailman stopped me today and gave me a registered letter from the tax collector. All he told me at first was "the tax man is looking for me" and I was for sure he meant the IRS. I was frightened at first thinking OH SH!T, What did I forget. It turns out a house I owned and sold back in 97 the new owner couldn't find the title and never got it into her name. They were looking for me to get it. Good luck, I haven't had it in 8 years. Turns out she didn't take care of the taxes and they were looking for the money. I faxed them my bill of sale with her and mine signature on it plus notarized and that was good enough for them. Seems she ay lose the house unless she can come up with the back taxes. Sucks to be her, should have taken care of it when she was supposed to.

That musta been one of them 'wobbly box house's' with a title instead of a deed.

You're lucky you hung on to that ****!!

Originally posted by duct beater
    That musta been one of them 'wobbly box house's' with a title instead of a deed.
    Yea, first time home buyer. Bought a 2 year old Double wide with attached 2 car garage area on a small lake. It may have not been much but IT WAS MINE! To tell you the truth it was nicer than most houses I have lived in over the years.

the town next to where i live has an occupation tax. i used to live there six years ago. for a steamfitter the tax was almost a thousand bucks. for an air conditioning mechanic the tax was only three fifty. anyway, since i moved out of there the local tax guy has been sending me bills every year to my new address. our town has no wage tax and no occupational tax. i have called this idiot several times, sent him numerous indications of my address and current taxfree situation, but he refuses to remove me from his computer, so i now just throw his bills in the trash upon the advice of my accountant. cant wait to get drug into court over this one.