Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    You belong to the religion of 911 truthers..Some people believe in the tooth fairy too..to each his own.
    Are you saying that you believe in the tooth fairy? I guess that would fit in with your fairy tale life style and beliefs now wouldn't it.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

It sounds like the bible-thumpers are getting a little miffed because we wont join their super cool club.

Note the air of superiority in their wording:

"You Atheists"
    " Worthless hippies"

Typical Christian thinking: believe what i beleive or i'll hurt you.

I didnt want this thread to get to a heated mud-slinging, but it seems like the religious folk just had to have it that way. The non-believers are the ones who are playing it cool. Maybe because we know nobody is watching us so we live a more liberated laid-back life.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

what the heck is a 911 truether?

In a perfect world I'd love for everyone to believe as I do. I know that isn't possible, so the next best thing for all of us to respect each other's beliefs (within reason, of course).

I also learned a long time ago that the best way to interest someone in my belief is for them to see how happy I am in it instead of being angry and attacking their belief.

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    the best way to interest someone in my belief is for them to see how happy I am in it instead of being angry and attacking their belief.
    Christians!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Oh boy....where to start and who to upset first?

I was raised in a family that considered itself Christian only because that's what they had been raised to think of themselves. I find this to be an accurate description for most who consider themselves to be one thing or another theologically.

In denouncing God and religion I got to study many religions, philosophies and those who denounce religions and philosophy. From my studies, I believe that Pagans are aware of good and evil and in most cases name various forms of good and evil seperately rather then as a singular entity. I have no problem relating to that although I now do recognize good and evil as the proverbial yin and yang of the Creator or the physical Universe.

Whether a person is worshipping;

Ganesha, a Hindu god
    Odin, a nordic god, or
    Dionysos, a Greek god

They are still worshipping God, or at least one attribute of God.

Paganism simply breaks down the specific aspects of the God of Abraham into part specific dieties. It would be like referring to this post as having been typed by RoBoFinger rather then by my entirety.

It is apparent that what we call God "is" and has always been, at least in the realm and span of mankind and the existance of the physical universe. Prior to the monotheistic understanding of the ancient Hebrews, beginning with Abraham, God, being so omnipotent and diverse, was thought of as being a multitude of seperate entities given seperate physical attributes and seperate names.

God Created man, but man created gods.

Since I was unable to prove Jesus Christ to have been a charlatin, hoaxter or fabrication of man, I have come to believe that Jesus Christ is who He says he is and I do accept turning my life over to Jesus Christ for salvation. That does not mean that I condemn others for understanding God in different ways then I do.

It does seem that Pagans at least better define the good guys and the bad guys then do Christians.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It does not really matter. You live your life, die and then you are either cremated or buried. Then forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Christians!
    I think that goes for any belief, or non-belief.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    It does not really matter. You live your life, die and then you are either cremated or buried. Then forgotten.
    This is a belief. It is only a belief. If this were the real deal, there would be no other beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    This is a belief. It is only a belief. If this were the real deal, there would be no other beliefs.
    The weak like to believe there is more to it. Spend a few days in a cemetary and watch how many graves are visited.

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    It sounds like the bible-thumpers are getting a little miffed because we wont join their super cool club.

Note the air of superiority in their wording:

"You Atheists"
    " Worthless hippies"

Typical Christian thinking: believe what i beleive or i'll hurt you.

I didnt want this thread to get to a heated mud-slinging, but it seems like the religious folk just had to have it that way. The non-believers are the ones who are playing it cool. Maybe because we know nobody is watching us so we live a more liberated laid-back life.
    I am a Christian and I don't think this way. Please do not pass judgement on me because of the way other individuals behave.

Many Pagans are believers in the dark side of Paganism. I am not lumping you with those people, please do not lump me with your negative perceptions of other who consider themselvest to be Christians.

I must say that your post here really makes me think you may be considering yourself a Pagan just so you can belittle Christians. I hope that is not the case and that you really do have Pagan theology in mind for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The weak like to believe there is more to it. Spend a few days in a cemetary and watch how many graves are visited.
    Don't worry mancow. There is a special place in heaven for abused alter boys

I personally don't understand the concept of cemetary's. All we are as mortal beings is meat, bone and blood with some other icky stuff running seemingly helter skelter through our bodies until it all oozes out. That is not what I believe "we" really are. The body is simply a place for our real spiritual nature to act out this bizarre life as humans.

I believe we are spiritual beings on a temporary physical journey. Obviously, most Pagan beliefs run along the same lines because of all of the emphasis on preperation for an after life. This afterlife would be better called our real life; our spiritual life, what we truly are.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Are you saying that you believe in the tooth fairy? I guess that would fit in with your fairy tale life style and beliefs now wouldn't it.
    Are really seriously asking if I believe in the tooth fairly? or are you simply ignoring my point? In either case that's pretty weak.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast