on a High efficiency furnace.

Luxaire is York, goodman is .... well, goodman.

I think both have tubular HEX.

Opinions ....

Check to see if specs on both are comparable. The Goodman condensing furnaces will soon be available rated at 95% efficiency.

The Goodman heat exchanger is the Amana type aluminized steel, dual size heat exchanger that only Goodman/Amana products have and it has a lifetime warranty.

I am not sure about the Luxair, so check the specs.

Also, the Goodman has an adaptive ignition system that will prolong the life of the ignitor and an insulated blower cabinet for more quiet operation. Again, check the specs. The Luxaire may be comparable or have more features.

One more thing; Goodman furnace venting can now be terminated with this http://www.roboteq.info/side-wall-vent.jpg instead of those silly goose neck looking pipes all over the wall.

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 09-22-2005 at 12:13 AM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The vent terminator

Robo:

Where did you get that beatiful vent terminator???

Also, where is the Goodman line heading next year in terms of SEER ratings???

Thanks.

That vent termination is now an approved Goodman termination kit that should be available from any Goodman distributor. If you cannot find them, order them from me.

Goodman is coming out with a base line 13 SEER condenser and heat pump which will be available by December of 2005. This will be an inexpensive model with a 5 year warranty, stamped grill top and bare bones features.

95% condensing furnaces will be available October/November to meet the DOE tax credit bill for 2006-2008.

14-18 SEER R410a systems will be hitting the branchs mid-Summer.

Question RoBoTeq, DOE tax credit?

I hope I'm not hijacking this post, but what's the tax credit you're talking about, or where can I go to find out more?
    Thanks,

Robin, That resembles Tranes Bayvent. Checked with my Goodman wholesaler about using cellular core PVC. He called and was told it is okay. I'm in central Ohio. Did you ever get clarification for yourself?

Yes, even that new sidewall vent termination kit has a notation that cellular pvc is allowed.

Trane stole the idea of that vent from Goodman with a time traveling machine, then went back to the past to market it before Goodman developed it.

The DOE has passed a bill that consumers buying furnaces at least 95% efficient can file for a tax credit of $150 for each furnace and an additional $50 tax credit if the furnace is a variable speed model. Lobbing $200 off of their tax bill should be a nice incentive for people to upgrade.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Check to see if specs on both are comparable. The Goodman condensing furnaces will soon be available rated at 95% efficiency.

Robin

Does that mean that there will again be a new furnace design?

The DOE has passed a bill that consumers buying furnaces at least 95% efficient can file for a tax credit of $150 for each furnace and an additional $50 tax credit if the furnace is a variable speed model. Lobbing $200 off of their tax bill should be a nice incentive for people to upgrade.
    Does this apply to heat pumps too? Thanks.

Originally posted by htg guy

Robin

Does that mean that there will again be a new furnace design?
    Doubtful; the Amana furnace by Goodman is essentially the same furnace with a a stainless steel heat exchanger and different ignition system and they are already rated at up to 96%.

Since stainless steel and aluminized steel have the same heat transfer capabilities and I just can't see why the ignition system would make a difference, my guess it is a matter of simply rating the furnaces at the capacity they have been able to achieve all along.

Goodman has always been very conservative with it's rating of systems. If Goodman states a unit is a certain efficiency, it is that efficiency or better in most approved system matches.

ROBOTEQ;
    Your homepage nor you profile sites work.
    How does one get in contact with you?
    gn

I do work for Goodman but I will never knowingly misslead anyone about HVAC.

I can be contacted at RoBoTeq[(at sign)roboteq.info

If a heat pump has a 95% rating, it needs to be trashed