Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Storing nitrogen and other tanks

Can you guys show me how you've attached your tanks? As we speak I have a couple of nitrogen tanks tied with 2 bungees against the cabinets in the rear but they never stop making noises when driving. Have put insulation in between but nothing is helping it. I'm afraid it's just the rubbing of the tanks with the cabinet. Would like to build a storage rack but have no clue and would like to see what others have done.
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Quote Originally Posted by albowrx View Post
    Can you guys show me how you've attached your tanks? As we speak I have a couple of nitrogen tanks tied with 2 bungees against the cabinets in the rear but they never stop making noises when driving. Have put insulation in between but nothing is helping it. I'm afraid it's just the rubbing of the tanks with the cabinet. Would like to build a storage rack but have no clue and would like to see what others have done.
    i have somethiing right up your alley. i had the same issue so me and a buddy of mine built nitrogen/btank/vacuum pump holders. Will post picks when i get home tonight!
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Best to get a mo better radio

Things/all the junk in the back of the bus is gonna rattle

I got my tank holders from American Van:http://www.americanvan.com/van-organ...k-holders.html
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Me thinks DOT requires chains.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Don't know about the DOT. I have had them for about six years with no problems. Have not been stopped by the police though.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

I made a custom fit one for my refrigerant tanks but I also have my nitro and b tank strapped down with bungees. I have a space between two cabinets in the back of the van and my tanks happen to fit quite well there. I made the refrigerant one out of unistrut, sheet metal, and 3/4 plywood but thats another story.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    i have somethiing right up your alley. i had the same issue so me and a buddy of mine built nitrogen/btank/vacuum pump holders. Will post picks when i get home tonight!
    Where's mine? It has to hold to #60's of n2, a b tank and 2 vacuum pumps. I still need that handle welded also.

for my Nitrogen tanks I just built a rectangle box out of 3/4 ply scrap and screwed it to an existing rack. works well and cost $0.

A company by the name of 4B's makes welding tank wall brackets. I have used them in our vans. My large truck , the tank holders were welded 1" tubular steel with a chain. DOT requires cylinders to be securely fastened.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    I made a custom fit one for my refrigerant tanks but I also have my nitro and b tank strapped down with bungees. I have a space between two cabinets in the back of the van and my tanks happen to fit quite well there. I made the refrigerant one out of unistrut, sheet metal, and 3/4 plywood but thats another story.
    Would love to see some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by acwizard View Post
    A company by the name of 4B's makes welding tank wall brackets. I have used them in our vans. My large truck , the tank holders were welded 1" tubular steel with a chain. DOT requires cylinders to be securely fastened.
    Will be looking into them but I would really like to build something instead of buying. I have plenty of plywood and 2x4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Best to get a mo better radio

Things/all the junk in the back of the bus is gonna rattle
    The problem is with the speakers. The radio got trashed awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Where's mine? It has to hold to #60's of n2, a b tank and 2 vacuum pumps. I still need that handle welded also.
    at fazzios steel.... and next time i see you ill do it, i have my welder on the truck now, i can tac it up on the job
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast