Spiral pipe mounting

I am currently installing a system using spiral pipe. I remember mounting spiral to a wall years ago using "unistrut" and a two piece clamp, but have no idea where the company got them from.
    I have checked on line, at all my supply houses, and even at the plumbing and electrical places, but the largest size I can find is 8", and I need 10" and 12". I could hang it off the ceiling using wire and the cam locks, but the customer wants it wall mounted because he is an artistic type and it is in his gallery.
    Anyone know where I can find the clamps I am looking for?

Call a sheet metal fab shop and explain too them what your looking for. See if they can help ya.

Most guys here just use a 1" flat strap with a 1/4" unitstrut nut on each end.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by GoColts View Post
    Call a sheet metal fab shop and explain too them what your looking for. See if they can help ya.

Around here, NC Triad area, the sheet metal shops deal with 28, maybe 26, or 24 gauge if you are lucky. Or at least the places I have worked and had duct fabricated at.

Contacted two places that actual do metal fabrication, figuring how much could a couple of 12" and 4 10" 14ga black iron clamps cost. Yeah, way more than I am willing to pay.

Think I am going to use a short piece of unistrut, reversed mounted to the wall so that the holes are away from the wall, and then use the same wire I am hanging the rest of the spiral with along with one of the rated tensioners above and behind the duct. If the inspector will go along with the plan.

I think it will look good, and will work. We'll see though, as plans and inspectors and picky customers tend to never mix well.

I have used these in the past
    http://www.argco.com/pdf/catalogs/St...ort_System.pdf
    page 13

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I have used these in the past
    http://www.argco.com/pdf/catalogs/St...ort_System.pdf
    page 13
    Nice. Got some stuff that looks very interesting. I will give them a call tomorrow.
    Thanks.

On simple jobs, I just install a braced horizontal to hang from or rod, and though bolt the spiral, strong like bull and clean looking.

Think thru and layout your brackets/rods near openings or ends to be able to access the inside section as you go along... or hire a really tiny person.

Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    On simple jobs, I just install a braced horizontal to hang from or rod, and though bolt the spiral, strong like bull and clean looking.

Think thru and layout your brackets/rods near openings or ends to be able to access the inside section as you go along... or hire a really tiny person.
    I just as soon hang them from the ceiling with wire. This is a question of "artistic" design on the part of the customer.