Fox news reported and showed several families from the disaster area that had nothing at all before and now they have more food and clothing than they have seen in years. Yell, this in in America.

Thumbs down

We had a flood here in NC back in 99. All of the folks that were living in dumps, got federal assistance and section 8 money, now they are living in practically new homes and apartments. Of course now alot of these homes and apartments are starting to look like the ****holes they left.
    Guess you can move folks from sorry conditions, but you can't move the sorriness out of the movee's.

Give em a break already, so they get a warmbed and a full stomach, whats the problem ?

Look at all the **** the people in 911 got, hell they got there relatives college paid for.

Hey, I broke the Code!!!!!

g = i

r = d

u = i

v = o

n = t

Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

So you see the paralell, why does America distinguish victims into classes, why is the stockbroker that got killed in the world trade center better than the homeless person in NO ? Where is the justice ?

human nature and money the guy in wtc made bucket loads so he must be more valuable
    capitalism at work

personally all relatives of people whom died in the wtc should get a collage edcuation (same value for every one) from the ceos right to the cleaners
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

all relatives of people whom died in the wtc should get a collage edcuation (same value for every one) that would be
    college education......and with all of the money they each got they could drive a benz to the funeral of their loved ones

does anyone remember seeing the people jumping out of the building from 100 floors up....whats that worth?

Originally posted by ct2
    all relatives of people whom died in the wtc should get a collage edcuation (same value for every one) that would be
    college education......and with all of the money they each got they could drive a benz to the funeral of their loved ones

does anyone remember seeing the people jumping out of the building from 100 floors up....whats that worth?

It was terrible. but do you remember the people getting raped and killed in New Orleans, same end result. Why is there two different awards.It seems that people have a

" They made a sacrifice " attitude towards 911 victims , and a "Who cares they were poor anyway,and they should have known better " attitude towards hurricane and flood victims in New Orleans. Maybe you feel that the people in 911 were closer to the type of person that you are , so you are more understanding and symathetic towards them. I don't feel that I need to identify with their lives to be sympathetic to both.

Does anyone remember people jumping out of the windows from the 100 th floor ? I would guess that we all do, but it is no different than seeing the lady washed up drowned on the side of a highway in New Orleans, I see no difference. Selective sympathy, I just don't understand it.

In my opinion the Gov compensated 9/11 families because they knew it could have and should have been avoided. You can't tell me they didn't have any kind of idea it was going to happen and that they couldn't have done more.

There was not a damn thing they could do to prevent a hurricane, but they are doing what they would normally do during a natural disaster.

tell the sobbing mother s and wifes how they are bette off when you alkita friends blow their soilder away in irack