+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who makes the best?

Post Likes
    Who makes the absolute best interior paint? I've got a re-paint coming up and I am hiring it out. Painter said he like Benjamin Moore and/or Pratt and Lambert.

I guess my opinion is the wife will get tired of the color long before the paint on the wall falls off.

Post Likes
    there is a high end local hardware store where i live that sells Martin Senour paint. I will use nothing else. it is about forty bucks for the base and they color it for you. one coat coverage, smooth, even a dumb air conditioning mechanic can paint well when using this product.

Post Likes
    I paint pretty much everyday, today alone I painted 3 different condos. I use nothing but Glidden Paints. It depends on what type of paint you'll be using but the price isn't too bad either. I pay around $10 a gallon for semi gloss and $6 for flat. Usually a little more when colored or tinted. The semi gloss usually holds up pretty good for a few years and wipes off clean good too. The flat is good to hide imperfections in the walls, such as piss poor repairs or ceilings.
    Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    Dunn Edwards is wonderful paint and so is Sherwin-Williams.
    In fact, S-W may just be THE best.

Post Likes
    buddy of mine is a painter he likes Sherman willams and benjimen moore
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Wally Mart, Sams, and Sears emulsion paints are all made by Sherwin Williams. I see them coming out of the factory by the truckload.

Post Likes
    I find Sherman Williams to be the best.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Consumer Reports just tested paints. Might be worth a look. I've liked Home Depot Behr paints a lot.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Behr from Home Cheapo is excellent paint.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    Dunn Edwards is wonderful paint and so is Sherwin-Williams.
    In fact, S-W may just be THE best.
    BULLSH!T Believe me, I do more painting nowadays then HVAC and SW is pure crap. Overpriced food coloring.

Post Likes
    I've been very happy with Behr paint, easy to clean up when you're done.

Post Likes
    God, I hate painting!. Who gives a crap? Stop this!

Post Likes
    There is a characteristic of paint, I think it's called bonding or blocking, where water-based painted surfaces will stick together after the paint drys. Like a cabinet door against the cabinet. Sometimes chunks of paint will rip off where the surfaces touched. I painted a cabinet with Ameritone paint, let the paint dry 2 months, but it still bonded together. That's the last Ameritone paint I'll buy.

Post Likes
    Benjamin Moore Aquavelvet.

Goes on like butter, beautiful finish, hides well, nice to work with & clean-up.

Pricey but worth it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by 747ken
    There is a characteristic of paint, I think it's called bonding or blocking, where water-based painted surfaces will stick together after the paint drys. Like a cabinet door against the cabinet. Sometimes chunks of paint will rip off where the surfaces touched. I painted a cabinet with Ameritone paint, let the paint dry 2 months, but it still bonded together. That's the last Ameritone paint I'll buy.

What you need to use when painting cabinets or over smooth shiny surfaces (surfaces that are non porous is a primer paint. It depends on what you are painting on what type of primer you use. It doesn't matter what type of paint you use, it'll all peel if you don't prime it first. I even roughen up walls painted with semi gloss with a light grit sand paper before painting. It makes for a more even paint job.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in