Thread: EDPAC COmputer room units

Post Likes
    I am working on a EDPAC A/C unit and need wiring diagrams
    any help would be good

Post Likes
    Boy theres a name I haven't heard in about 20 years, surprisingly they still operate a website http://www.edpac.com/ but all the pages are to broken links, I thought they went under years ago but maybe not, good luck with that one, I have a buddy that went to thier school in the 80s he may have something, how old is this gem and whats the model #.

Post Likes
    I worked on them for a few years. Fortunately the schematic was pasted inside the cabnet door. Wait until you have to change a flow control in that thing.

Post Likes

Wink

I used to buy parts at this place in NJ. I do not know if they are still there but you can call infomation for the #:

R.S.I. 333 ROUTE 46 FAIRFEILD, NJ
    "My hands are for sale"

Post Likes
    I worked on one of them for about 15 years; the computer center here at the college I work at had one to cool the computer rooms. Back in '85 when I started here, they had the semi-big computers that put out a lot of heat. The EDPAC was a water cooled dual compressor bottom blow 15-ton unit. It handled the heat load fine, but over the years, as they upgraded the CPU's to smaller, less heat-output ones, I didn't need the one 7-1/2 ton side. Eventually, the other side compressor took a dump, then the other, so rather than try to fix up a 3 25-30 year old monster, I scrapped it and replaced it with a new blower unit and a remote outdoor condensing unit with a low ambient control on it. Does the same, or better, job with less headaches. I surely do not miss that old EDPAC, I'll tell ya.

Post Likes
    RSI Corporation in New Jersey still handles parts for Edpac.
    I have a customer that has an Edpac unit, still operable, but it is probably not same mod/ser.
    They were good units in their day, and there are still some around operating. The cannister steam humidifiers were hard to maintain, but the cooling/heating and controls were excellent.
    Lynn
    Elkhart, IN

Post Likes
    Edpac is still in business.

Try this...

Ciaran Coughlan
    Edpac International Ltd.
    Carrigaline Co.
    Cork,Ireland
    email:ciaran@edpac.com
    http://www.edpac.com
    Tel. +353-21-4372850
    Fax +353-21-4373975

Good luck.

Post Likes
    actech12 did you have any luck?

As fluke would have it I got stuck with a EDPAC unit.

I sent a email message........

My Email Message was sent to..... info@edpac.com that I got from the web page http://www.edpac.com/

My Message.........................................

The main thing that I’m looking for right now is a Wiring Diagram for the following unit.
    EDPAC
    Model # AD-8035T
    Serial# 47286-001B
    575volts / 3 Phase / 60 Hz
    Date 1 / 29 / 88

This unit has 2 Refrigeration Circuits.
    Each circuit has a Two Speed Compressor, TXV, Liquid Receiver Tank, Liquid Line Solenoids and Head Master Valve.
    Condenser Coil is Air Coiled and is located on the roof of the building.
    Unit also has 2 Electric Heat Coils and 1 Condair Humidifier.
    It would also help if you had an electrical component layout diagram.
    PS Any other available information for this unit would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

The Reply............................................. ...

Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately, we would not be in a position to have this information. The unit was manufactured in the US and the records are not available to us.

Sorry,

Regards,
    Noel Lynch
    EDPAC International
    Carrigaline Industrial Park
    Carrigaline, Co. Cork, Ireland
    Ph: +353 21 4372850, Fx: +353 21 4372756

Now I've come across a very old manual put together by someone. The wiring diagram is not to bad but doesn't seem to be 100% correct for me.

It maybe useful to you if you want me to scan it and anything else.

Frigid

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in