About a month ago I posted about possibly replacing our radiant ceiling heat with forced air and had quite a few replies from you all that I should keep it.

So...we called our home warranty company and they sent someone out to service our system. We were only getting heat in the kitchen thru the radiant floor heat and the radiator on the wall. None of the ceiling heat was working anywhere in the house. (We moved into our house in June).

The HVAC guy tinkered with the system, couldn't find anything wrong with it, and seemed to have everything working fine when he left. We had a week of 80 degree days, so we turned off the boiler. About five days ago I turned it back on and now the only thing that works is the radiant floor heat--the radiator on the wall doesn't even work anymore. All the pipes coming out of the boiler are hot, but they start cooling off once they reach the ceiling of the basement, so obviously nothing is getting upstairs except the pipes to the kitchen floor. The HVAC guy just came and tried to figure it out again and is stumped. He checked the thermostats, the pressure relief valves in the attic, and everything seems fine, so he thinks maybe there are blockages in the pipes. He doesn't ever work with ceiling radiant heat, so he's not really sure where to go from there. He was going to call the home warranty company to recommend they send someone else out.

So that's where we are. I'm glad we're dealing with this now and not in November because it's 70 degrees outside and my house is still freezing. We have so much shade--the HVAC guys said our attic felt like a refrigerator.

Sounds like it's airlocked somewhere, it was probably installed improperly to begin with.

How old is your house?
    Does it have radiant in the basement floor?
    It could have a small leak under the floor allowing air to get into the system. If thats the case, you will have a very hard time trying to find that leak. Your reducing valve is probably keeping the pressure up. Get a good boiler man to check it out.