Angry

I have a four year old Harman Advance pellet stove. One evening, while we were sitting around enjoying the heat, the thing went clunk and, very slowly, the fire died. We turned it off to let it cool down, and the next morning we turned it back on, but pellets would not dispense into the burn pan, or whatever the place in which they are burned is called. On the side of the stove, we have LEDs for everything but the blower, and when we put it on test, the blower works fine but no pellets are pushed into the burn pan. Is this a simple case of a jammed auger, or will we need to replace the circuit board?

Originally posted by mvanoss
    I have a four year old Harman Advance pellet stove. One evening, while we were sitting around enjoying the heat, the thing went clunk and, very slowly, the fire died. We turned it off to let it cool down, and the next morning we turned it back on, but pellets would not dispense into the burn pan, or whatever the place in which they are burned is called. On the side of the stove, we have LEDs for everything but the blower, and when we put it on test, the blower works fine but no pellets are pushed into the burn pan. Is this a simple case of a jammed auger, or will we need to replace the circuit board?
    First make sure the flue pipe is cleaned out, a blocked flue can trip the vacuum safety switch and shut down the feed auger. Next clean the stove completly as directed in the owners manual. Finally remove the augers and check for something jamming the auger. Clean the auger and auger tube and reassemble. It's rare but I have heard of foreign matter being in a bag of pellets. I once pulled a bolt out of an auger once, apparantly it fell out of the machine that makes the pellets.

Service

Please call a certified Harman service person.

Wow, the original post was from 2005!!

Guess I didn't look at the original posting date. I wonder why they are kept around for so long? I guess I'm just slooooooooooow. HA HA. I do know a little bit about that brand though.