The Boss - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Boss

Hmm

how about dealing with employees who speak no english? spanish or others.not everyone is bi-lingual.nod for "yes". shake for "no". example: trim crew 2 ppl. 1 speaks english only the other spanish only. Makes it hard to deal with. also 1 has(spanish} 5 yrs. exp. The other english is {green helper}. seems helper catches all hell for others mistakes.mangt. can't rean tech. not bi-lingual.

No you are not going to have to work or live with hot headed people unless you allow them to abuse you like that. Their behavior CANNOT be changed . They are not interested in changing it and in most cases they feel that what they are doing is normal acceptable behavior
    Ct-You're not going to change someone from being a hot headed jerk to being Mr. nice guy but you can keep them from abusing you.

Remember in school there was always the bully that picked on the smaller kids. He usually did it to make himself feel more important. Well a boss like that is a bully. What always happened in school when one of these smaller kids stood up to the bully and even though he got his butt kicked he made it clear he wasn't going to be accept abuse from someone stronger? Well the bully usually left him alone and picked on other weaker ones.

The same thing. You go up in private to the boss and you tell him what you feel. You tell him that you don't know it all and are going to make mistakes and when you make a mistake you would like to learn. You tell him However "I'm not your kid and you're not my dad for you to humiliate me in front of others. You want to call me on the carpet for something tell me in private. You're the boss and do as you please. And if you insist on screaming yelling and losing control with me, tell me now and I'll leave.

Stand up to him with respect. It's that simple. But don't leave with your tail between your legs. At least leave with a sense of self respect. Running from problems or trying to appease bullys is the wrong way. That's what the French and English did with Hitler. It never works

how about dealing with employees who speak no english?

DONT HIRE THEM!

Stand up to him with respect. It's that simple. But don't leave with your tail between your legs. At least leave with a sense of self respect. Running from problems or trying to appease bullys is the wrong way.

In my case the saddest part has been the fact that I worked with this guy during the 80's as a peer , an equal , in a machine shop and did so for the better part of ten years
    so when I started working where I do and found out he would be my boss, I didnt mind , to me it was like working with an old friend

this has evolved over a 6 month period , I have tried talking to him privately, only to hear our conversations repeted by others in the area that he has told
    I have written him private e-mail messages , that he has printed and left out for others to read
    and now I feel like I wish I could do to him psyically , what he has done to me emotionally

I would never do that but I just get that angry , especially when I am lied to

Leave with my tail between my legs ...Never!
    Burn a Bridge on the way out....probably
    inform HR.Department exactly what my reasons are for leaving....no doubt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12