Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Electric Cars Produce Higher Emissions Than Gas-Fueled Cars…

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/06/13/b...s-fueled-cars/

Looks to me like natural gas is still the best short term alternative for energy independence and reduced air pollution.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Environmentalists dirty little secret, rare earth elements (07Dec09)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ch_Q6ZQvM

Dirty Little Secrets - China

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQaiJxK-qZY
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

That last video reminds me of working in the Steel Mills and how poluted the air was.

I never took you for an environemental type.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    That last video reminds me of working in the Steel Mills and how poluted the air was.

I never took you for an environemental type.
    I am anti-pollution. I have no problem with carbon dioxide, which is not a pollutant, and which contributes less than 1% of the greenhouse effect. (In addition, man only creates 6 billion tons of CO2 per year. The earth creates 180 billion tons of CO2 per year without man's help.) But in spite of all the hype, air pollution is not nearly as serious as water pollution, which continues to remain largely ignored by the press and by environmentalists.

I'm not an "environmental type." But my father worked for one of the district health departments that played a role in the cleanup of Lake Erie in the 1960's, when it was an industrial waste dump and the beaches were covered in dead fish. I think this is what contributed more than anything else to my awareness of the unhealthy things we do to our environment.

Water pollution is deadly, long term, and difficult to clean up. Air pollution causes relatively minor problems, is short term, and easy to clean up.

But air pollution in China is not such a minor thing, especially where the manufacture of batteries, electric motors, and electronic components is concerned, and especially when those components are being manufactured under the false claim that they generate less pollution than the the gas powered vehicles they are designed to replace.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Water pollution is a bigger threat than air pollution. It just seems that people pouring poisons and harse chemicals down the drain does not affect them more than the obvious air pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Water pollution is a bigger threat than air pollution. It just seems that people pouring poisons and harse chemicals down the drain does not affect them more than the obvious air pollution.
    Know any talking fish?
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Know any talking fish?
    No, but I know some fishermen who talk a lot about fish..The Kalamath River has fish that indicate how bad pollution is.

I have one hanging on my wall, but he doesn't like to talk about pollution.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Now that's a gift no one would want. A talking fish that hangs on your wall and bores you with Al Goreish banter.

I've got one of those also, but it's in a closet. I prefer oil on canvas for wall art and bronze , porcelain or marble statuary for pedestal art.

Looks to me like natural gas is still the best short term alternative for energy independence and reduced air pollution.
    This guy and many others either dont have a clue, or their fronting for the profitable auto industries, which inludes oil companies.

So let me give you some real info, first of all, a Chevy Volt is NOT an electric vehicle, how do you know when you have an electric vehicle ?? when your NOT sitting at a gas pump, Chevrolet was at the forefront of EV technology with the EV1, they blew it.

Large Lithium prismatic cells can be made without any more polution then any other product, if the Chineese polute their enviroment making batteries, its because the can get away with it, and do it for economic reasons, I assume at some time down the road, they will have change that.

Right now you can take pretty much any Roller (vehicle less engine etc) and convert it to electric, and get an easy 100 miles, you can get more depending how much room their is for batteries, or budget. These batteries have a 3000 to 5000 cycle life to 80% of their capacity, which means even when you get to the end of the cycle, you still have 80% of capacity left.

Now once you have an real electric vehicle..no more oil changes, air filters, spark plugs and associated parts, no exhaust parts and all the replacement and maintainance that comes with an ICE vehicle.

If you decide on an ac motor instead of dc motor you can get regenerative braking, and even the brake system is seldom used.

Now these batteries a very hi power devices, constant current is 3CA (three times its capacity) and can deliver 20CA for a short time burst (accelerating).

They can also be charged at 3CA, so once gas/charge stations are implemented, they can be charged very quickly, and thats at the present technology. There is technology in the making, that could reduce such charge time to the same amount of time it would take to fill your ICE gas thank, its all a matter of infrastrucure, no different when cars came in to being and highways and gas sations came to existance.

Gasoline vehicles still have a place at this time, but I can assure you that electric vehicles in a very short time will dominate the urban scene, for most dont drive anymore then 50 miles or less a day. And there is no reason an electric vehicle cant outlast any ICE vehicle made, body corrosion would be the only time limit.

If your interested and want more information, go to http://www.evtv.me/ and make a shortcut for this site, it has some very good info, albeit some of the shows are very technical at times.

Or go here, this is a forum dedicated to building EV's....
    http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/

Enjoy

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    This guy and many others either dont have a clue, or their fronting for the profitable auto industries, which inludes oil companies.
    The study was commissioned by the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership, which is jointly funded by the British government and the car industry.

This is their website: http://www.lowcvp.org.uk/

It's possible that the organization is not what it appears to be. There is no way for me to determine any ulterior intention on their part. Take a look at it and see what you think.

See this news release from the above website: http://www.lowcvp.org.uk/assets/pres...y_June2011.pdf

Are you aware of any indications, either on this website or elsewhere, that this organization has misrepresented itself or that it's not really interested in electric, hybrid, or other so-called "low carbon" vehicles?
    Last edited by Space Racer; 07-05-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

electric cars, the latest technology of 1903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast