Threaded View

Vulcan Range Model 260L- says it's Propane...how to be sure?

The customer buys a used range, must have assumed it was Natural gas. I went to look at it before I install it next week and the name plate says propane. The customer looks a little sick since they spent 3k plus on this thing. I told them I would pull one of the burner orifices and check to see....

This is a 6 burner model.....

I pulled the front burner orifice out and it's a 53.

The hole looks normal for Natural gas and the regulator the customer got with the unit is an RV61.... which has a range of 3 to 6 inches of wc....

I tried calling Vulcan's tech line, and after being on hold for about 20 minutes I got handed to someone's voicemail.... I decided not to leave a message.

Can anyone verify that this unit has been converted to natural gas or confirm this is an LP orifice?

I found the manuals for this thing on the net and it looks like the part number 00-010901-00053 which is the orifice spud for the open burner is for LP...

Is there another way I can confirm which gas this thing is set to use?

Also, if this is an LP unit is it possible to covert to Natural gas or a waste of time?

Thanks
    Last edited by tcape; 06-15-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: needed to add another question and more info
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson