Hobart LX30H programming

I need to adjust the detergent pump duration. I can get into service mode by holding Wash while pressing On, and I can get into deeper programing by connecting pins J5-1 to J5-2 while pressing On. I can play with the arrow (▲) and Select buttons, but the display has me a bit mystified as to how to work the system. A truck roll for a man to push little buttons seems extravagant.

• Is there a chart showing exactly how you navigate to and set the programmable parameters?
    • And how you can display the various measured parameters?
    • And what the LED combinations mean?

Thanks!!

Is the detergent pump actually on the dishwasher?

The reason I ask is that my old hobart and now brand new jackson dishwasher has the soap pumps mounted on the wall and the controller inside of that measures the soap level in the wash tank. Detergent levels are set within the soap dispenser that i have.

Internal Pump

Yes, it's the internal pump.

It has been awhile since I had to program an LX, but I thought that it was the second to last parameter on the selection screen; the last one was the rinse cycle. It should have a minimum of 7 (?) up to 20 (?) seconds.
    The other problem that I always had was the tubes on the detergent pump getting worn out. They looked just fine, but once you removed them, they were shot.
    Good luck, remember to use plenty of lube if you do change the tubes.
    Rick

press & hold the key which is hidden behind the model (LX30) and the wash key on the control panel.Slide open the control board drawer. You should be able to toggle through the set points pushing the up arrow button on the board. 1 wash temp 2 booster temp 3 F/C option 4 detergent on cycle (0 thru 30, default 7) 5 rinse aid (0 thru 10, default 2) 6 sani time (0 thru 10, default 2) 6 idle shut down (1 thru 6). DE on the various chemical options shuts that option off.

Now we're getting soemwhere

To recap, here's what I've got:

Service Mode:
    Hold down the wash button while powering the unit up. You can see the sensor readings. The mode stays here and cycles through the options until you power off.

Initial configuration mode:
    Short pins J5-1 and J5-2 while powering up unit. The display will show "SET." The options are:
    1. Model 18 or 30
    2. H or C or blank variants
    3. Boost 40 or 70ºF (with 70ºF, the wash cycle time goes to 145 sec, up from 85)
    4. PF or Sd. I don't know what this is.
    The mode stays here and cycles through the options until you power off.

Parameter Programming Mode:
    During normal operation with the door switch in shut status, press & hold the unmarked button behind the printed model (LX30) and press the wash button. The display will show "SET." Slide open the control board drawer.
    1. wash temp
    2. booster temp
    3. F/C option
    4. detergent on cycle, seconds (0 thru 30, default 7)
    5. rinse aid (0 thru 10, default 2)
    6. idle shut down, hours (1 thru 6).
    After the last item, the mode returns to normal operation.

chrldwlf, what is the PF/Sd option??

How to apply your changes

After further testing, here's a revision:

During normal operation after warmup, press & hold the unmarked button behind the printed model (LX30) and press the wash button. The display will show "SET." Slide open the control board drawer.
    1. wash temp
    2. booster temp
    3. F/C option
    After the last item, the mode returns to normal operation without applying any changes. To apply your changes, return to normal mode by again pressing & holding the unmarked button behind the printed model (LX30) and pressing the wash button.

Another question for chrldwlf: What is DE? Does it display that? When?

Quote Originally Posted by bernardc View Post
    After further testing, here's a revision:

During normal operation after warmup, press & hold the unmarked button behind the printed model (LX30) and press the wash button. The display will show "SET." Slide open the control board drawer.
    1. wash temp
    2. booster temp
    3. F/C option
    After the last item, the mode returns to normal operation without applying any changes. To apply your changes, return to normal mode by again pressing & holding the unmarked button behind the printed model (LX30) and pressing the wash button.

Another question for chrldwlf: What is DE? Does it display that? When?
    DE is for the newer LX/LXi models with the chemical sensing board. SD/PF is a rinse time option, SD is standard rinse time, PF runs rinse water until top rear probe is satisfied.