Post Likes

a/c in a make up air plenum?

I was just thinking, if you had an area that a make up air unit was servicing that was way to hot, is there any reason that putting an air conditioner in the plenum of the make up air is a bad idea?
    I would suspect you would get your 20 degree drop in temperature across the coil, which would help keep the area cooler

Post Likes
    i have seen make-up air units with cooling coils built into the ductwork. however the area the make-up air is serving should already have a way of conditioning the air. My point is you may have a problem elsewere if the design of the space included fresh air in the calculations.

Post Likes
    I've seen MAU's with DX cooling. Needs to be properly designed to work right.

Post Likes
    If its food service be careful, gotta get everthing sized correctly, its a design issue.

Post Likes
    Chilled water or condenser water available? I've seen both used. Chilled water obviously for cooling only, and condenser water from a WSHP building to temper OA for make up/ fresh air

Post Likes
    if you can give me a maufacturer name on the mau, i might be able to tell you more. there are systems called heat recovery ventilators that have a heat wheel, which pulls x amount of air out of the space and the same amount of outside air and transfers the temp of the building air to the fresh air. You may have a loose belt,clogged filters, or a clogged heat wheel. in any event there is usually fresh air into the space and way to pull the same amount out of the space.

Post Likes
    Depending on the psychrometrics , a direct or indirect evaporative cooler will be more cost effective to operate. We do alot of work with Reznor. You can use their Preeva with a evaporative cooling module or if you really want to get fancy check out their MAPs units. The Maps have dx or chilled water coils.

Post Likes
    That is what we have at correctional facilities. 100% outside air is being conditioned. It has to be size properly to work.
    If we evolve from the monkey then why are there still monkeys.

GOD Bless America.

Post Likes
    I'm with sometech, install a heatwheel.
    It might get loud!