Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    The SRL8 is just over two bills
    Not 2crappy either
    Better than decent for the price compared to the SRL2
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    Being that you are new here, and in the trade, do you know HOW to find out if the system needs a charge? hint- generally SH & SC.

First, your post is much broader than this thread, you should start another of your own.

Second, (to be addressed in your own thread), you should address your need for tools according to what work you need to do and who else you work with and what tools they have. This will change over time, but it can ease your burden somewhat. Hand tools are your first priority. Your boss should be able to give you some kind of assistance in getting geared up. I have over $10,000 in tools, but I could squeak by on maybe 2-3k, but even that is hard for a new guy to buy at once. FYI, the fieldpiece SLR2 looks fairly decent for the price. Should last a while too. don't toss your money on a crappy leak detector, you will be pissed, and waste your time too. The ultrasonics being discussed here are not a first line of leak detection, IMO. Good electronic followed by a bubble leak indicator is the general consensus.

Yes, I am aware of how to charge. I realize I look like a complete noob on the forum, but I went to a very good trade school and have charged many systems before. But my new employer requires we buy our own tools. I have the basics, just trying to buoild up my inventory. Thanks for the help. Ill start my own thread if needed

Did we determine which detector has most positive reviews in this thread?
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Not yet... I'm more confused then when I started lol..

Im sticking with the H10 until ice tells me how he likes the ultrasonic. If no go I may go with the slr2 for $400 bucks. Curious about the other technology..

Then again I lay look at that tif...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You the one with the dirty ZX-1 Jeep
    The I/R will false alarm in turbo mode and will pick up differences in CO2 level.
    No comprendie amigo? You must be reffering to another thread. But that ZX-1 is a total POS, has more time on mail order repair, then OTJ.

But so far the IR has found every leak I have seeked, and I still do not know how to use it 100%. I have to read the book as I go, I guess?

Fieldpiece

better accessories, better support.

I really, really like the second bar graph telling you that the unit is dampening it's response. It would make my Infocon a much better detector.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

D-tek select and H10g

Wait....

I recently bought a Bacharach Informant 2. You should check it out! I am very happy with it. It found a 410a leak that I had been looking for that 2 other techs from different companies had searched for before me. As far as Field Piece goes... It got its name because the Piece of Sh*t falls apart inf the field! Don't buy them... You'll regret it very soon!

There's my .02

You have any of the Fieldpiece detectors that fell apart or did you have a bad experience with something else they make?
    The Fieldpiece Detectors are NOT Pieces of 5hit
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You have any of the Fieldpiece detectors that fell apart or did you have a bad experience with something else they make?
    The Fieldpiece Detectors are NOT Pieces of 5hit
    I agree with you. Never heard FP was a POS.. I'm not crazy over some of there meters because I like Fluke but I know far more FP lovers then fluke nowadays. Mainly because of upfront cost.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    That has not happened in the last 5 years,no difference in this thread !

I have a d-tek compass and love it .In fact I got anothher to have for back up .
    I have found leaks with it that could not be found with the Yellow Jacket,or Tif or Fieldpiece. I think I paid about $250 for the compass.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast