Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I would not go that far. I think it is safe to say I have a problem. Hell, The first step to recovery is admitting it right..

But then again you have to want to change and well, Lets say Im not there yet lol..

Nick is not all that happy with his inficon D tek and whatever you do, dont bring up the Pilot in front of him! THat why I'm not sure if I should go that route. Im replacing the last of the cheap tools I bought when I was starting out and this CPS is one of them.. So, CJ do you have an advice to offer or what? lol
    i hate that darn thing, pos imo. As far as the leak detector it has worked, my main gripe with it is the battery, absolutely horrible, every time i take it out its dead!!! but it has found a leak or two that was unable to be found with other leak detectors, including your CPS....
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Maybe I'll look into that fieldpiece slr2. Mechacc made a few videos with it. Looks like it does a fine job. There was just something about standing 5' away from the unit and finding the leak that was appealing to me!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

You got anything to trade for a SRL2 Pascone10
    My high light is broke but other than that it works like it is supposed to.
    I only use it when the ZX-1 battery goes dead.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Hmm not really. Just starting out with tools. Not much on the extra side o things. Doesn't the zx1 drive you crazy when you bump the probe? What's your suggestion for a good detector?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

What I liked about the zx it would Pick up leaks far away.I would than switch to my other dectectors to home in.I always bring all I got on a job,to help find the leak,and to see which one does better on any given job,and to know they are all still up to snuff.

Maybe I'll look into that fieldpiece slr2. Mechacc made a few videos with it. Looks like it does a fine job. There was just something about standing 5' away from the unit and finding the leak that was appealing to me!

That was the ZX-1
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    That was the ZX-1
    Standing away i was refeering to the Ultrasonic. I didn't seethe zx do that in your video. When you were comparing the FP and the ZX1 that looked similar to me. What say you. If anyone's opinion counts it's yours! Thanks.

Standing away i was refeering to the Ultrasonic. I didn't seethe zx do that in your video. When you were comparing the FP and the ZX1 that looked similar to me. What say you. If anyone's opinion counts it's yours! Thanks.
    The ZX-1 5 feet away was the first time I used it (no video) on a Trane residential condenser. Had to get right up next to the case with D-Tek Select. Both were set on high sensitivity.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Hmm not really. Just starting out with tools. Not much on the extra side o things. Doesn't the zx1 drive you crazy when you bump the probe? What's your suggestion for a good detector?
    When that happens to me something is dirty.....tip, filter, wand
    The ZX-1 has been great for me.
    The SRL8 is also very nice
    I wouldn't buy the SRL2 again for the extra cost.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czT0Xdd4-WI

anyone seen this? looks expensive !

oh, boy..
    My Pilot took a crap yesterday. You and Nick jinxed me.

Have a BluVac on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    My Pilot took a crap yesterday. You and Nick jinxed me.

Have a BluVac on the way.
    Nice! Let me know what you think. I Have not used it at work yet. Some guys apparently don't use micron gauges lol..

So do I go Infrared leak detector or something else. I have that H10..
    Or should I look at Ultrasonic.

Im almost looking sleep on what way to go.. Well not really but it sounded good.

I just picked up this new Infrared Robinair 22791 on FLEABay, I will let you know how it works out. Supposed to be up to the latest and greatest standards. Seem that Infrared is the way to go now a days?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

http://robinair.com/products/detail.php?id=2719

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast