Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Eugene the jeep: hows that detector holding up?

I'm really considering IR detection b/c its different then my H10. I really should have bought the PM.. Oh well..

Ill be honest tho I am really doubting buying the Fieldpiece ( that I wanted originally). I keep hearing quality issues with the FP Stuff. I mean where was the R and D with them valves on the SMAN? I know Russell will make it right but I am honestly worried I am buying a lower quality product if I go the FP route. I just hear of too many problems. It also doesn't help that I don't like their meters...

SO now Im thinking Dtek select.. It is the good ol faithful. Just wish the battery was better. Plus united stocks them...
    you just really hate field piece dont you?? seriously if there is some thing wrong with a device you buy from them, they WILL fix it!!! if they cant, they will make it right with you!! Russ is the man, i am buying the SRL2 next time i stop by the supply house. My whole truck will have nothing but field piece gear by the end of the summer!!!! ( hate me now )

Quote Originally Posted by 10phaseadapter View Post
    you just really hate field piece dont you?? seriously if there is some thing wrong with a device you buy from them, they WILL fix it!!! if they cant, they will make it right with you!! Russ is the man, i am buying the SRL2 next time i stop by the supply house. My whole truck will have nothing but field piece gear by the end of the summer!!!! ( hate me now )
    Oh snap Pascone he called you out

Well my zx-1 is dying I have had it repaired once already, I was using it Satruday and it was reading then not reading a leak, it won't power down anymore I have to pull the battery to turn it off. It worked great for couple years, so now I am in the market for a new one been thinking of a fieldpiece one but not sure to go IR or not.

Here is my ZX-1 with MechAcc's R-134a reference leak hooked up to a R-410a jug like he had shown is his video.
    After seeing this I believe something is wrong with his ZX-1 detector.

Before this I tested outside in a light breeze for a more realistic test
    "My" ZX-1 did the best at detecting the R-410a leak IMO with "My" SRL2 coming in second and no leak detected with "My" SRL8.
    I will be changing filters on the Fieldpiece units tomorrow to see if any changes are observed.

FWIW Indoors the SRL8 did hit slightly on this reference with some persistence.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

The pic is a link to the video
    Just click on the pic

Viewed it using Foxfire and Explorer. The video just does not view properly. Can you post to You Tube instead?
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    Viewed it using Foxfire and Explorer. The video just does not view properly. Can you post to You Tube instead?
    Works fine on mine. win 7 64 Explorer. Just took a few seconds to load. May need an update?

iceman, what size is the reference leak?
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Nope still doesn't work even updated. Only displays greenish images with momentary good images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jGDKNnJss

5 grams per year
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Works fine in Chromium and Firefox on Ubuntu.

Nope still doesn't work even updated. Only displays greenish images with momentary good images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jGDKNnJss

5 grams per year
    LOL Your video was one of a few that helped me to to decide to go with the SLR2 when I was shopping for a new sniffer a while back. Thanks!
    "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1766

Might be connection speed and not getting enough buffer Mech.

It's basically a screaming ZX-1 Detector on that reference leak running R-410a .... even got a wif with the tif in low mode

If you are still having trouble maybe I could just e-mail you the video file.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Might be connection speed and not getting enough buffer Mech.

It's basically a screaming ZX-1 Detector on that reference leak running R-410a .... even got a wif with the tif in low mode

If you are still having trouble maybe I could just e-mail you the video file.
    I'll try it again when I go to the College and link up their wifi connection.

Do you have a H10 or an Inficonn leak reference bottle that you can compare the LZ-4 to?

Nope I never got a H10
    I was good with a Halide and then went to D-Tec when they were new

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast