Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast

H-10

O.K. darctangent, I'll get a new sensor also, it's been years since I replaced it. No one has really answered my question about my H-10 lack of sensitivity with 410-A, so I'll get the new sensor and report back. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slahac View Post
    O.K. darctangent, I'll get a new sensor also, it's been years since I replaced it. No one has really answered my question about my H-10 lack of sensitivity with 410-A, so I'll get the new sensor and report back. Thanks
    Get the Bacharach Tune up kit P/N 3015-0781 comes with a new sensor, 100 filters, 3 replacement balls, 3 rubber tips, and a reference leak vial. About a $130 on one on line store far far less than if you ordered each item separately. Be careful if ordering on line some are listing the 3015-0784 Maintenance kit as a 0781. The 0784 does not come with a sensor.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    The leak rate is more of a seep. Ultrasonics don't seem to work that well in that range even my Accutrak.
    Mech, try what I did.

spray some good bubble solution on the leak source and then take a listen.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    Mech, try what I did.

spray some good bubble solution on the leak source and then take a listen.
    That works good for leaks. What I was speaking of was the reference leak.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    That works good for leaks. What I was speaking of was the reference leak.
    Me too.

I got my own "reference leak" , I'll start calling it my "reference coil" - one evap coil, one "medium" leak and four teeny ones.

It's not as small as yours, I can't fit it in my pocket! But hey, I got it for free!

I was talking about putting the bubble solution on the leak source... in this case that little cap. since it's under continuous pressure you shouldn't foul it, you'll just have to clean it off before you separate it from the bottle.

just because it's been brought up, do you have any idea how that thing works? is it a teeny hole in a cap? is there some diaphragm setup? what makes that thing tick?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Eugene the jeep: hows that detector holding up?

I'm really considering IR detection b/c its different then my H10. I really should have bought the PM.. Oh well..

Ill be honest tho I am really doubting buying the Fieldpiece ( that I wanted originally). I keep hearing quality issues with the FP Stuff. I mean where was the R and D with them valves on the SMAN? I know Russell will make it right but I am honestly worried I am buying a lower quality product if I go the FP route. I just hear of too many problems. It also doesn't help that I don't like their meters...

SO now Im thinking Dtek select.. It is the good ol faithful. Just wish the battery was better. Plus united stocks them...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

i have a question, does any one think a electronic leak detecter works on r-22 the same as finding a 410a leak ,

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Eugene the jeep: hows that detector holding up?

I'm really considering IR detection b/c its different then my H10. I really should have bought the PM.. Oh well..

Ill be honest tho I am really doubting buying the Fieldpiece ( that I wanted originally). I keep hearing quality issues with the FP Stuff. I mean where was the R and D with them valves on the SMAN? I know Russell will make it right but I am honestly worried I am buying a lower quality product if I go the FP route. I just hear of too many problems. It also doesn't help that I don't like their meters...

SO now Im thinking Dtek select.. It is the good ol faithful. Just wish the
    battery was better. Plus united stocks them...
    I have a detec select I would see for 350.00 if interested in perfect working order. I just saw I new type that I want to buy with more features. Pm me if interested
    Life is to short to sweat the little thing in life!

Love the h10g and detec select don't like the charging time on the detec

H-10 410-A test results

O.K, here are the official results of my Mythbusters style testing with a new sensor for my H-10 leak detector. All testing was on the medium leak setting.

Sniffed 4-10 hoses. No response until the probe was inserted into the hose. Then a moderate response was noted.

Sniffed R-22 hoses. Moderate response around manifold connections, screaming response when probe inserted into hose.

My friend (not me) allowed an approx. 1 second blast of 4-10 to escape into the back of his (not my) enclosed cargo trailer. No confirmed response inside the trailer until probe was inserted into nozzle of the 4-10 canister, then a moderate response was noted.

My friend (not me) allowed an approx. 1 second blast of R-22 to escape into the back of his (not my) enclosed cargo trailer. The probe started screaming out side the trailer door from drift before we ever even got close to the inside.

This is a funky test, and many may find fault with it, but in my book, where there is smoke there is fire. I say it's confirmed, the H-10, a standard in my arsenal for many years, does NOT pick up 4-10 nearly as well as it picks up R-22.

Hmm

O.K, here are the official results of my Mythbusters style testing with a new sensor for my H-10 leak detector. All testing was on the medium leak setting.

Sniffed 4-10 hoses. No response until the probe was inserted into the hose. Then a moderate response was noted.

Sniffed R-22 hoses. Moderate response around manifold connections, screaming response when probe inserted into hose.

My friend (not me) allowed an approx. 1 second blast of 4-10 to escape into the back of his (not my) enclosed cargo trailer. No confirmed response inside the trailer until probe was inserted into nozzle of the 4-10 canister, then a moderate response was noted.

My friend (not me) allowed an approx. 1 second blast of R-22 to escape into the back of his (not my) enclosed cargo trailer. The probe started screaming out side the trailer door from drift before we ever even got close to the inside.

This is a funky test, and many may find fault with it, but in my book, where there is smoke there is fire. I say it's confirmed, the H-10, a standard in my arsenal for many years, does NOT pick up 4-10 nearly as well as it picks up R-22.
    i some of these electronic lek detecters i was wondering the same thing, if they are as sensitive with 410A as they are with R-22

i'm wondering if the apoe OIL HAS ANY THING TO DO WITH IT. I STILL THINK THERE IS A LEARNING CUVE WITH THIS 410a REFRIGERANT AS COMPARED TO R-22!

What D-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal535 View Post
    Love the h10g and detec select don't like the charging time on the detec
    I have no problem with the battery on the D-Tech Select.

The great thing about it is that you get a house charger and one you can charge in your truck as you drive.

I charge mine once a month at home and never needed to use a truck charger.

I would contact Inficon to find out what the problem is and get it resolved.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

i personally own the FP srl2k7 i have done over 100 leak service calls with it so far it didnt find the leak only once on r22 split unit only becasue it was traveling through the insulation on the other side . once i removed that no problem it pinpoited it withing 4 min. so far it hasnt dissapointed me even though in some cases there was oil in places from the previous tech it settles down and keeps searching. one of my fav tool in the van...my 2 cents

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast