Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Eugene so far your experience with the Robinair has been positive?
    So far so good, but we don't do alot of 410A yet, mostly refrigeration leaks.

H-10 410a

Is your h-10 as sesnsative with 410a as it is with R-22? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slahac View Post
    Is your h-10 as sesnsative with 410a as it is with R-22? Thanks
    I believe the H-10 has a 410a specific sensor. If you want one leak detector for all refrigerants you should use one with an infrared sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    I believe the H-10 has a 410a specific sensor. If you want one leak detector for all refrigerants you should use one with an infrared sensor.
    My H-10PM is capable with both HCFC's and HFC's. it's a matter of adjusting it properly. Not a big deal. I'm far less concerned about the sensor technology than I am the reliability, repeatability, sensitivity and false positives of a detector. I have a top shelf Infared, but that's where it stays- on the shelf. H-10 is my first line of detection. It takes me to leaks like a strong magnet. I can't tell you how much money I've raked it because of that thing.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Based on feedback and performance reviews, I ordered the Fieldpiece SRL2K7 on Monday. Should be here today. The infrared sensor has a longer service (10yrs) life and should be good for any refrigerant type. We'll see...
    Who do I think you are...?

Quote Originally Posted by HAP2 View Post
    Based on feedback and performance reviews, I ordered the Fieldpiece SRL2K7 on Monday. Should be here today. The infrared sensor has a longer service (10yrs) life and should be good for any refrigerant type. We'll see...
    Check out this video on how to use the SRL2K7 because it's just a little different than your typical heated diode. And it does detect all refrigerants on an equal level because of the infrared sensor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA9A7cUWRHI

Check out this video on how to use the SRL2K7 because it's just a little different than your typical heated diode. And it does detect all refrigerants on an equal level because of the infrared sensor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA9A7cUWRHI
    Russell would Fieldpiece look at possibly marketing the LS-4 reference leak by HT Products UK for US distribution. http://www.htproducts.co.uk/le​ak/leaksniffer.html I happened to have one given to me and it works very well. Attach to a refrigerant cylinder, of the type being tested for, open the cylinder and test the detector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jGDKNnJss

Thermal is not going to market this item in the US.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    Russell would Fieldpiece look at possibly marketing the LS-4 reference leak by HT Products UK for US distribution. http://www.htproducts.co.uk/le​ak/leaksniffer.html I happened to have one given to me and it works very well. Attach to a refrigerant cylinder, of the type being tested for, open the cylinder and test the detector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jGDKNnJss

Thermal is not going to market this item in the US.
    We have one and it's a pretty cool little gadget. Let me ask you this. What would you use it for and how much would you pay for it?

We have one and it's a pretty cool little gadget. Let me ask you this. What would you use it for and how much would you pay for it?
    Let me jump in Russell.

I'd love to have one and at let's say at 20-25 I think it would sell very well, although I could see an attempt to price them at twice that. I guess in the end I would be happy to buy one at 35-40

It should come with a small case to keep it from getting crap in it. I'm assuming it's a simple device except for the challenge of quality control on the hole size/leak rate.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    Let me jump in Russell.

I'd love to have one and at let's say at 20-25 I think it would sell very well, although I could see an attempt to price them at twice that. I guess in the end I would be happy to buy one at 35-40

It should come with a small case to keep it from getting crap in it. I'm assuming it's a simple device except for the challenge of quality control on the hole size/leak rate.

The problem is they are more like $100. Maybe more. But considering a leak standard that has refrigerant in it can be $1000, this is still a pretty good deal. But are techs willing to spend $100 just to make sure their leak detector works, I am not sure of yet.

The problem is they are more like $100. Maybe more. But considering a leak standard that has refrigerant in it can be $1000, this is still a pretty good deal. But are techs willing to spend $100 just to make sure their leak detector works, I am not sure of yet.
    Wow. I guess I'm showing my ignorance!

I'm wondering why the cost is as high as that. perhaps I'm not understanding the complexity of the device or manufacturing cost? seems high for what it is, but I know better than to debate the issue with you, I will only say that bacharach produces that little test vial with refrigerant in it for far far less.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

I guess I could see going $60. past that i don't think it's viable in this market, IMO. BTW, it's not portable, but I replaced a evap with multiple small leaks. now that I've identified all of them I use it for experimenting with different leak tests.

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by darctangent View Post
    Wow. I guess I'm showing my ignorance!

I'm wondering why the cost is as high as that. perhaps I'm not understanding the complexity of the device or manufacturing cost? seems high for what it is, but I know better than to debate the issue with you, I will only say that bacharach produces that little test vial with refrigerant in it for far far less.
    To be honest I don't know why the high price myself. It could be simple as the alternative is hundreds vs. only one hundred for theirs. Or it may be difficult to reproduce something with such strict tolerances. The little vial you are talking about doesn't have a standard leak rate so it can be produced much cheaper. Either way we are looking into to it because you know as well as I do it would be a very useful gadget.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast