Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516
    You should have started a new thread in a relevant forum like Pro's Forum: Residential.

OK never mind I figure it out like everything else

FWIW I ordered a stethoscope to see if that will help. Worst case remove 16'x16" of sheet rock.

The few times that happened to me,I had to run a new line or cut the line at top and bottom,pull it out,fix it and put it back!

The ultrasonic will work better than a stethescope. It amplifys the sound.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    The ultrasonic will work better than a stethescope. It amplifys the sound.
    Thanks, one of the issues I have is the place is right next to the freeway.
    So it makes it harder to hear. For $20 can't go to wrong with the scope.

I looked at the ultrasonics which is why I posted in this thread. Not sure which one is the "one" to get. I hate buying tools twice, when I should have done better research. The Fieldpiece is an IR, I don't think that will work through sheet rock.

Anyone own the Thermal Engineering ultrasonic meter?
    http://fierychill.com/tools/leak-det...gineering-9997

I own one and would buy it again. But it's only one tool to find leaks, sometimes it's better, sometimes not compared to my other leak detector.

The H10g/pm are my go to detectors. I've had the pleasure of using the Zx-1 and YJ accuprobe. They both worked well in the first 3 months but started dropping off in performance until failure. Kinda scar'd now from those type of plastic bodied sniffers. I rarely work with 410a but the h10 family has yet to let me down on a 410a leak. False hits on h10's are close to none. It's been observed when walking into a bakery chill with moving product and rising dough, it will quickly false alarm and then stabilize.

The FP IR looks to be something I'd like to invest in. Though it seems on a couple videos that the sensor is almost touching the reference leaks. Do you normally have to be close with the IR? Can you stand a couple feet from a coil with a slow swinging motion and still get the general area where the leak exist? In the videos it seems that the FP IR refrigerant detector have an air pump which depends on sucking up praticulates. When I think of IR, Flir or Fluke imagers come to mind. Are there lenses inside the FP that detect IR after particulates hit the filter? Really interesting stuff.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516