Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Leak Detection Tools.

Ok guys im looking for your advice and mainly your experience.

Today I was working on a roof, 120v not close by, looking for a refrigerant leak.

I have the POS CPS Eliminator (the yellow one). The damn thing wound not stop ramping off all the place. No leaks in sight. SO now im through with this thing..

I own the h-10G from your recommendations. However I want something portable.

WHat do you guys think? I've been searching ultrasonic and the reviews are so mixed. What has your experience been? Also whats a good battery powered unit?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

The H-10's were good in their day but technology is outdated now. I prefer the Infinicon leak detector now, pricey but reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Ok guys im looking for your advice and mainly your experience.

Today I was working on a roof, 120v not close by, looking for a refrigerant leak.

I have the POS CPS Eliminator (the yellow one). The damn thing wound not stop ramping off all the place. No leaks in sight. SO now im through with this thing..

I own the h-10G from your recommendations. However I want something portable.

WHat do you guys think? I've been searching ultrasonic and the reviews are so mixed. What has your experience been? Also whats a good battery powered unit?
    Why not just get a H-10PM and a D-tek? From what I hear......money's no object for you and Nick.

I'm a bit jealous of you guys.

Here we go again,the only threads that beat leak detector count are,union vs non union,nitro vs no nitro, Ford vs Chevy!

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Why not just get a H-10PM and a D-tek? From what I hear......money's no object for you and Nick.

I'm a bit jealous of you guys.
    I would not go that far. I think it is safe to say I have a problem. Hell, The first step to recovery is admitting it right..

But then again you have to want to change and well, Lets say Im not there yet lol..

Nick is not all that happy with his inficon D tek and whatever you do, dont bring up the Pilot in front of him! THat why I'm not sure if I should go that route. Im replacing the last of the cheap tools I bought when I was starting out and this CPS is one of them.. So, CJ do you have an advice to offer or what? lol

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Here we go again,the only threads that beat leak detector count are,union vs non union,nitro vs no nitro, Ford vs Chevy!
    Yea thats true but a 2 yr old ultrasonic thread is not what I was looking for..

Since your here....WHat do you use?

I would not go that far. I think it is safe to say I have a problem. Hell, The first step to recovery is admitting it right..

But then again you have to want to change and well, Lets say Im not there yet lol..

Nick is not all that happy with his inficon D tek and whatever you do, dont bring up the Pilot in front of him! THat why I'm not sure if I should go that route. Im replacing the last of the cheap tools I bought when I was starting out and this CPS is one of them.. So, CJ do you have an advice to offer or what? lol
    Lol.....my pilot is 5 years old now. And my go to leak detector is the first gen d-tek.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Lol.....my pilot is 5 years old now. And my go to leak detector is the first gen d-tek.
    oh, boy..

Fieldpeice IR,D Tek,some good luck!

oh, boy..
    It's very rare, I even bust out the leak detector. I'm normally can find the leak visually and verify location with bubbles.

I had to bust out a detector twice this year. One was a YCAL that was low on one circuit. No visual. Detector(D-Tek) went off at relief valve. Long story short.....found out the chiller got hit with boiler water this last winter. Other was a Smardt chiller. Detector(H10-G) found fitting on barrel leaking.

One more Obama hate threads.

Fieldpeice IR,D Tek,some good luck!
    How do you like that Fp? Im Not a fan of FP usually. WHich do you like better?
    Thanks for the replies..

BTW Do you drive a Ford or a Chevy? Chevy's Kick A**..

JK seriously tho, I appreciate your opinion..

Like both,also liked the Tif zx1 till It fell off a ladder. Chevy Z/28 and van!

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast