Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by Dowadudda
    I 'll just say this. I am UA. And an owner. And if I was guvn's boss, he'd be gone. Not even a blink of my eye.

So many on here want to stand on the most extreme sides of this issue. There is a lot of good that comes out of that Hall. Alot more than the ones representing the Union on here. I am nuetral as far as emotions in this arguement.

Been on both sides. I understand both sides. I wished the hell everyone in this trade could be raised up to the level we all deserve to make and be paid. This trade should be one big union, where WE. WE all can have all the good from both sides.

The problem is, you guys in the middle of it here, have to pound on your chests and divide us.
    I am NON-UNION but this is a VERY WISE and TRUE quote.

Hats off to you Many D's
    Yuma
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Originally posted by 1metalman5
    It seems to me that union workers complain about non-union shops and non-union workers complain about union shops. It's hard for me to believe that the current workers of these non-union shops have nothing to complain about but union's and vise-versa. I'm looking for real answers not a ***** fest. I read where pro union workers talk good about there job and complain about non-union shops but on the other hand the anti-union workers write only complaints they have about union's and no hype on where they work or whats so good about there situation. So again you tell me!

Stop being like a ***** that's what they do compare every little thing, get a job, union - non union the work is all the same, the company'e are the same.

Get a job, the best you can get and stop *****ing.

You need Vagisil..!!!! wah wah wah my pu$$y hurts

this topic comes up every so often and its the same whiny thread each time. I usually stay out of it and dont talk about whether im open shop or union but here goes. i run a small union shop. i carry a card and would never think about dropping it. as an owner, there are benefits to being a union shop. the biggest of those is the ability to project costs for long periods of time. right now, i know my labor cost for another thirty months or so. this includes salary, benefits, training, retirement, etc. the only variables i have are workers comp and liability. in addition, i dont need to carry men during slow times. these men are all taught that there will be ups and downs so keep some savings and prepare for the worst. in general there is plenty of year round wqork around here, but the ability to use the hall for those ups and downs helps tremendously especially in small business. these is NO SENIORITY, that is i can and do hand pick labor on an as needed basis. the men know that if they are slugs they dont work much. not very many of those around here. if i need someone to do a particualr task, i can usually get that person on 24 hours notice. there are various certifiacations and licenses that may be required to work in pharmas or industrial plants, power houses etc. i get those for free,and can hire men who already have those in place. there is an ongoing drug program also free. in short there are many benefits to me using union labor whethor or not i am holding a card.

Why th ehell would I want to start my own business ?

I am retiring, I have fifteen years to go to retire at 58, I am not going to become an owner so I can sit behind a desk til the day I die, scheduling clean and checks for little old ladies. I'm retiring never to pick up a tool again. Thats it, at 58 I'm done, it was nice it gave me a lot but I am done with it.

The OP is a union troll just trying to stir crap. The unions are in such dire straights that they are giving up on one another, have the worst decline of workers ever and have to rely the lying likes of fat eddie (currently gruvn) to speak for them.

I too am out of here. I tried to be reasonable and the OP just tried to screw me for my efforts. Pretty typical of union recruiters.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Robo, whats the problem, he didn't say anything to make you act in that manner. Whats up, yur on a roll tonight.

See what I mean? So far three other posters have noticed that the OP is a union troll and dumbass decides to start crap with me.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I work to provide for my family and so does the plumber next door to me. I just recently turned down a union job, not because it was union but because it could not provide for my family like my non-union job does My plumber neighbor and every other union guy I know are getting fed up with the union. They have lost their vision coverage, dental coverage, their retirement has went down the toilet and on and on and on.

The only thing that has ever really bugged me is union guys belittling and puting down the non-union guys like they are below them and not as good. They are both doing one thing and that is called earning a living. You take what you can get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345