+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Union or Non-union

Post Likes
    I am a UA member, and I am the best trained and most qualified technician that you will find on this site, you really only to make one observation when you are choosing union over non-union,

There are a lot more people trying to get in the union that out of it.

Some people on here that are crying about unions, and claimong they do better without them, are full of baloney.

Yes there are few people outside of the union that do better than the average union employee but they are few and far between,and fewer and farther between have decent benefits to go along with that slightly better dollar. The brutal reality is that most journeyman union technicians get payed over scale anyway, you won't hear the non union guys talk about that, because they don't believe in comparing apples to apples,

I will assure you that I am union and that there is nobody or at least no other technician on this site that does better than I do, when wage and benefits are considered as a package, most of them won't even be in the same ballpark.

It's not even a choice just go union, you will never regret it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    I am a UA member, and I am the best trained and most qualified technician that you will find on this site, you really only to make one observation when you are choosing union over non-union,

There are a lot more people trying to get in the union that out of it.

Some people on here that are crying about unions, and claimong they do better without them, are full of baloney.

Yes there are few people outside of the union that do better than the average union employee but they are few and far between,and fewer and farther between have decent benefits to go along with that slightly better dollar. The brutal reality is that most journeyman union technicians get payed over scale anyway, you won't hear the non union guys talk about that, because they don't believe in comparing apples to apples,

I will assure you that I am union and that there is nobody or at least no other technician on this site that does better than I do, when wage and benefits are considered as a package, most of them won't even be in the same ballpark.

It's not even a choice just go union, you will never regret it.
    BUSTED EDDY try and get out of this one TROLL!!

Post Likes
    Wow yur pretty quick there Cassical,

Post Likes
    So when did you get thrown out Rep ?

Is this where the "outside" part of your handle comes from. And what do you do now, and how do you make out doing it?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Anyone who is not a union troll is a merit shop troll. Better?
    you mean there's non union errrrr merit shop trolls I mean organizers,

I just meant I've never seen a merit shop troll on here, start off this way

trolls are trolls either way.

hey FNG get a job,

better???

refrtech said it best " it is what you make it"

Post Likes
    No Eddy we have known it was you from the beginning you are the one who denies what your are.

You are still a self-important loquacious twit! Why don’t you blow troll!

Post Likes
    Eddy has overestimatimatized hisself again.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    I think he down right lies through his teeth or in this case keyboard.

Post Likes
    My name is Gruvn, I don't know anyone named Ed

Post Likes
    Having worked both Union (7 years the UA and 1 year in the SMWIA) and Non Union , I noticed good people can go far either way and mediocre people don't stay employed in either sector.

Post Likes
    Hell, even the governor of California is terminating unions

If no one leaves unions why are the unions at the lowest rate of labor force since their inception? I guess they just keep offing the ones who want to "get out", eh?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Robot,

You must first understand that trade unions and manufacturing unions are two entirely different animals.

Post Likes
    Eddie, you must first realize that no one cares or believes anything you post and that you are the perfect poster boy for why someone should "not" join a union.

Keep posting...it's good for showing how ridiculous union advocators can be.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I'm not here to promote unions, my work does that quite sufficeintly.

I'm just trying to clear up the misunderstanding that some people have here of unions, I have never started a union thread,I have only replied to them when asked.

Post Likes
    HEY!!!!!!!! i thought i was the union "poster boy"
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I was not using that term in a nice way for eddie. We like you, so we listen to what you post whether we agree or not.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    let the lazy 6 month a year i willnot insulate ductwork fill out a ap. for me when he is hungry or sick due to no bennies he can answer his own question. UNION NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL.
    I REFUSE TO WORK SUNDAYS THERE IS NASCAR

Post Likes
    Eddy troll we don't believe you or care!

Man it must be terrible when you have such a low opinion of your self you need to lie about who you are.

Now me I like who I am as is Robo and Tinner (even if he is union) but Eddy he has such self-loathing he must deny his own existence.

As to the original topic do what is best for you if you are comfortable with a union job go for it.

As for me never I would starve before going union!

Post Likes
    12 hours and it is only 4 pages. What happen kinda slow.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Post Likes
    as robo said go for the money and bennies if it so happens in your aera its union then knock yourself out and go union if non union pays a better package then take that

sometimes union is better than non sometimes not. As far as I'm concerned I have been screwed by both non and union cos but non union and more likely to screw over smaller dollar amonunts

I like the union brotherhood when it exists but thats a different story its more likely as an average tech you will do better union as a star you may do better non union but I'd say more likely union
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in