+ Reply to Thread

Thread: annoying comverstaions

Post Likes
    ever have to sit through one of these?

I lift at a police station.

over the past few days I have been listening to this conversation.......

one cop has aquired and installed a furnace for another. during the initial test, the unit ran for ten mins then shut down on press. sw. code. I have at this point done enough nibshitting to know its a trane 100,000 90%. the installer cop jumps the switch, it runs. ok bad switch.

Man, my lip was quivering I was so tortured. stayed outta it though.

last night the installer cop brought the poor install victim cop a new press sw.. tonight, victim cop says the problem persists with the new press switch. install cop says trane is effin junk and he should have gone with the carrier like he said. seems that BOTH the press. switch and the "pony motor" are faulty. he'll have a pony motor wed. or thu., his brothers gotta go get it.

Ok these guys are talking so loud I can tell their indirectly pupming me for advise. I ask the guy if he checked pressure with a manometer....cause I know danm well its the flues. his answer? "yes"...and he kinda rolled his eyes to go along with it.

the moral of the story? cops are dicks.

Post Likes
    Don't give them any free advice. If you prolong their agony a little longer, maybe they'll pop a cap or two into it. Then you'd really have a great time hearing about it

Unless you laughed so hard they got mad and ........

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by irishb
    ever have to sit through one of these?

I lift at a police station.

over the past few days I have been listening to this conversation.......

one cop has aquired and installed a furnace for another. during the initial test, the unit ran for ten mins then shut down on press. sw. code. I have at this point done enough nibshitting to know its a trane 100,000 90%. the installer cop jumps the switch, it runs. ok bad switch.

Man, my lip was quivering I was so tortured. stayed outta it though.

last night the installer cop brought the poor install victim cop a new press sw.. tonight, victim cop says the problem persists with the new press switch. install cop says trane is effin junk and he should have gone with the carrier like he said. seems that BOTH the press. switch and the "pony motor" are faulty. he'll have a pony motor wed. or thu., his brothers gotta go get it.

Ok these guys are talking so loud I can tell their indirectly pupming me for advise. I ask the guy if he checked pressure with a manometer....cause I know danm well its the flues. his answer? "yes"...and he kinda rolled his eyes to go along with it.

the moral of the story? cops are dicks.
    I would say that un-qualified people attempting to install a unit might be referred to as diks....but cops...no, gotta vote to give ya 1 de-merit for that one...

Post Likes
    I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but just cause that guy's a dick don't neccesarily mean cops are dicks.

Next night ask him if he pulled permits to install it and if he's licensed.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac
    Don't give them any free advice. If you prolong their agony a little longer, maybe they'll pop a cap or two into it. Then you'd really have a great time hearing about it

yeah, volitile situation, lol. I cant wait to see if they go all the way to a new heat exchanger. It just occured to me which company his brother owns, and they SUCK!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm
    I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but just cause that guy's a dick don't neccesarily mean cops are dicks.

Next night ask him if he pulled permits to install it and if he's licensed.
    yeah it was a joke, thats what the smilie was for. I wouldnt be lifting there if I didnt have cop friends. it does take a certain type to be a cop though.....

[Edited by irishb on 09-19-2005 at 09:01 PM]

Post Likes
    Well then, that proves it; Trane must be junk
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by midhvac

THATS FUunny I almsot sprayed coffee all over my nice new monitor
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    lets see, we have two choices

#1 Them trains are junk
    or
    #2 Them cops are dicks

I suppose I would have to say " dont give them any free advise" Dick...ah I mean the officer is getting all of that from his brother

Post Likes
    yeah your free advice is proberly not worth dick
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in