Hi everyone!
    I'm new at installing Energy Saver Hi-Velocity Systems. Why does the manufacturer insist on putting the access ports & sightglass at the evaporator end of the system. I'm use to seeing these components at the condenser outside. It seems like it would be easier when it comes to evacuating, troubleshooting, and or charging to have these components outside instead of up in the attic. Has anyone out there installed these outside bt the condenser without any consequences?

Originally posted by masstech
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new at installing Energy Saver Hi-Velocity Systems. Why does the manufacturer insist on putting the access ports & sightglass at the evaporator end of the system. I'm use to seeing these components at the condenser outside. It seems like it would be easier when it comes to evacuating, troubleshooting, and or charging to have these components outside instead of up in the attic. Has anyone out there installed these outside bt the condenser without any consequences?
    I remember going to a seminar for ESP products and them making mention of this exact topic. I think they want you to make your measurements at the metering device and not the condenser and that they want liquid all the way up to the metering device and no flash gassing. I think it has something to do with the thickness of the evaporator coils and the way it achieves it's effeciency.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll