Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by airworx
    i would also get an extended evap coil warranty.

You'll only need this if you buy a Carrier. 5-7yrs is about the life of a carrier evap coil. Seem to changout a lot of them. Havn't changed a Trane evap yet in 10yrs and counting.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

Thanks, guys. I did not see anyone saying anything "bad" (brand preferences and air filter recommendations aside), so I think we will go for it.

Originally posted by md master
    Originally posted by airworx
    i would also get an extended evap coil warranty.

You'll only need this if you buy a Carrier. 5-7yrs is about the life of a carrier evap coil. Seem to changout a lot of them. Havn't changed a Trane evap yet in 10yrs and counting.
    Could it be remotely possible that there was a problem with the manufacture of C. evap coils 5-7 years ago, which granted the Trane coils did not have?? Should you then condemn the Carrier coils forever?

fANCY STUFF I WORK ON ALOT OF IT.Get medium brand insted-of
    without the variable speed blower.You dont want to buy one in the future/have the system balanced when finished/duct sizing is the most important/is this a retrofit or all new duct included/new home construction or old/oh and get a wood burning heater of some sort for back up heat and then you could cycle your fan from your thermostat to move the heat throughout your home /go with the highest seer outdoor unit without the req. of var.speed blower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12