Has anyone heard of builders installing PTAC's in new homes?
As I see it here are a few of the issues:
1. The cost of gas has now officially made air-to-air heat pumps the cheapest way to heat.
2. Zoned systems are highly desirable, and hydronic systems are relatively expensive. (3 PTAC's in a new 2 bdrm. home could be cheaper than a central ducted HVAC system.)
3. Are PTAC's too noisy for bedrooms? Too cheesy?
4. Do they leak cold air in the winter?
5. Do they install like an electrical appliance, or is an HVAC tech needed?
Are there any other issues to be considered before I pursue the idea further?