+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Armchair FEMAists

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    Why is it that every time George's pop poll drops below 42 we end up with his dad on Monday night football ?
    Because we have to raise money to help people who unfortunately voted people like you into office.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bobby m
    Dont worry about anything, george bush talked to jesus and jesus and george and his franchises of christian churches and ministries will take care of everything.
    Funny thing is you trying to be comical actually brought out the factual truth anyway. God works in mysterious ways doesn’t he?

Post Likes
    Cat 2 now 100 mph, hurricane winds only out 30 miles, tropical storm winds out 120 miles, storm surge 4 to 6 feet.

Possibility of developing, 3.5 days from Texas coast. What needs to be happening?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    I know that the red cross is moving people out of some of the shelters in texas to other states starting tomorrow so they can anticipate new evacuees.

Post Likes
    Is classical going to make some amateur videos of him leaning into the wind at a 45 degree angle, hollering babble into a microphone you can not understand and sell it to the networks so he can become famous and retire early?

Post Likes
    Rita is not looking so lovely anymore, still not a monster but the winds are spreading out farther. To qoute the 5PM NOAA advisory

"HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES... 75 KM...
    FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
    TO 140 MILES...220 KM"

Clock's ticking, get up tomorrow morning and less than 72 hours left, could be Cat4.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes
    Will they be evacuating Corpus Christi tomorrow?

Post Likes
    Well now they are predicting Cat 4 or even Cat 5 coming on shore around midnight Friday. Galveston and other low-lying coastal areas are closing except for essential emergency personnel.

You get my attention when you start talking Cat 5 I have been 2’s and 3’s before no big deal here. A Cat 5 is a horse of a different color and will severely impact allot of people. A 15’ to 20’ storm surge will push water into over 300,000 homes maybe as many as 600,000. Again my home will be safe but JSC could be under several feet of water and many communities along the coast will cease to exist. If this thing goes to a 4 or 5 it will make the devastation of Katrina look like a walk in the park. I was here when Alicia came through and it was bad but even then 1984 the coast wasn’t that built up. Today there are wall-to-wall communities along the coast for more than 70 miles.

Look at a map they are saying the highest probability is landfall at Matagorda Bay just west of Galveston. That will put the northwest quadrant right on top of Galveston the primary storm surge will run right up the Houston Ship channel. That will push water into all of the bayous (they drain Houston) and they will not be able to drain of the rain. What is most disturbing is this will also put the petro chemical plants squarely in the path of the highest winds and flooding. I am sure that within the next 24 hours all of these facilities will be shut down and that means no gas production for several days could be weeks. If you thank gas was high two weeks ago look out!

Post Likes
    A five sure caught my attention last year

Post Likes
    If you check the link in woo woo's post on this thread, it shows the computer models that they draw that bubble or cone around. They sure seem to put the path down the middle averaging out all the models.

The UKMET model seems to have a pretty good batting average this year, so I am betting it hits west of Galveston, hopefully west enough so the NE quadrant, the worst of the storm is the far from them.

I am also leary of those big predicted turns north, as I did not happen for me last year, so I am betting it goes a lot more west before the turn.

Post Likes
    I'm 300 miles north of Key West. I've had outer rain bands from Rita since yesterday. Today around 9 AM when Rita was still at tropical storm status, I had to pull off the highway when one came through with 40 MPH gusts and torrential rain. The winds otherwise have been increasing steadily all day around here at maybe 20-25 MPH.

I have a bad feeling about Rita.

Post Likes
    I live here in Pasadena Tx. It borders southeast of Houston. If Rita goes to Cat5, well lets just say it will be historical if it comes through here and the New Orleans evacuees will lose the media attention they have had. As far as flooding, Our neighborhood sits at the highest level in the Pasadena area, yeah Classical I know It aint sayin much but it's all I got.
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    The high is going to move, and the upper steering currents are going to suck it right back down NO throat, because that mayor needs a douche. He still has toxins in his system.

Post Likes
    If the path of a hurricane is so predictable, then why we haven't we figured out how to change its path, or at least destroy it.

Post Likes
    Clock is ticking, maybe 72 hours out now, come on someone, have some balls make a call, what needs to be done?

Post Likes

Pack your stuff

Anything you do not want to lose and get the hell out.

That is the advice I gave my son in Houston.

And that is what I would tell anyone else who might be in the path. No one can protect you , nor can they stop it . Don't expect someone else to take care of you.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Carnak
    Rita is not looking so lovely anymore, still not a monster but the winds are spreading out farther. To qoute the 5PM NOAA advisory

"HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES... 75 KM...
    FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
    TO 140 MILES...220 KM"

Clock's ticking, get up tomorrow morning and less than 72 hours left, could be Cat4.
    Now they are saying its 135 mph, Cat 4

Post Likes
    As of an hour ago.............

"DATA FROM RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT RITA HAS INTENSIFIED A LITTLE MORE AND WINDS HAVE REACHED 150 MPH WINDS WITH A MINIMUM PRESSURE OF 920 MB. THIS MAKES RITA A STRONG CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE."

Post Likes

Compare Houston to N'Orleans

Houston

Courtesy of Mayor Bill White

New Orleans

Courtesy of Mayor Ray Nagin

Post Likes
    Both of those photos could be courtesy of Nagin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in