York YCIVO247 refrigerant leaks.

Ok I am wondering how many people other than me have experienced numerous leaks on the YCIV chillers. I have an acct that has a total of 4- YCIVO247 machines. For the people out there not familiar with this machine it's air cooled and a 2 circuit chiller. So of the total 8 circuits between the 4 chillers I have had 5 of them Crack the relief valve coming off the top of my separater. And 1 cracked right on the oil line discharging off the bottom of the seperater. I've inquired to york about any service bulletins or "known" issues and every time I seem to be the only person in America having this problem. I doubt my luck is that bad. I'm interested to hear if any other people have crossed this bridge. I do have adaquete isolators under each chiller. They have 4 inch rubber spring isolators. Thanks.
    Last edited by chillen it; 07-27-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: left out info

Trane RTAAs when they first came out they brazed the discharge relief into the first elbow off the discharge flange....and they cracked.after warrenties on this across the counrty they relocated it onto the discharge flange bolting up onto the compressor...even smaller tonnages when the braze 3 to 4 taps off a discharge they always leak it fatigues the copper
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I have a few variations of the YCIV and haven't had any issues like you describe. A few things to keep in mind are that they were probably all built at the same time and they are all at the same site and installed by the same contractor, etc. You could just have gotten a few "Friday" models. Perhaps the pad isn't level anymore (concrete can sink) and now you have some undue stresses that aren't obvious.

I've replaced a handful of relief valves under warranty due to the threads being cracked. If I remember correctly they were on the flash tank though. Pedro down in Monterey has never heard the saying, "quit tightening just before it breaks".

Hey Jay guy that's a good proposition. Only thing is that the "acount is split meaning there's 2 schools with 2 chillers a piece. But the same actt. I should have mentioned that first. Also the 2 schools were built 2 years apart from each other. Unless I got all the chillers as Friday built then I believe york has an issue with this machine.

They may have an issue. I currently work for JCI and I am not aware of a service bulletin regarding leaks. That doesn't mean there isn't an issue, just no published bulletin.