Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Indoor pool HVAC

Hi,
    I work at a large hotel with spa pools and an indoor pool. I've been receiving numerous complaints on how hot and humid it is in the pool areas. I've done some research on how to reduce humidity and condensation and I've read that you have to maintain a 1 to 2 degree differential between pool water and air to keep the pool water from evaporating. I've spoken with the company who runs the programming for our HVAC and he said you only have to supply not maintain 1-2 degrees above pool temp. We've been doing this for 2 weeks now and it still hasn't helped. Does anyone have any tips on how to lower the temp and humidity in an indoor pool area? Please help I'm losing my mind!

Unit is called a Dry-O-Tron. You can look it up on the net.... Designed as a pool area dehumidifier. Amongst other features...
    Last edited by trouble time; 06-13-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Dry-O-Tron (DECTRON) or Seresco are my top choices. Can get with Pool Heat if wanted.

J

I have worked on one made by a company called desert air. But the answer to this is you need a pool pack dehumidifier.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Hi,
    I work at a large hotel with spa pools and an indoor pool. I've been receiving numerous complaints on how hot and humid it is in the pool areas. I've done some research on how to reduce humidity and condensation and I've read that you have to maintain a 1 to 2 degree differential between pool water and air to keep the pool water from evaporating. I've spoken with the company who runs the programming for our HVAC and he said you only have to supply not maintain 1-2 degrees above pool temp. We've been doing this for 2 weeks now and it still hasn't helped. Does anyone have any tips on how to lower the temp and humidity in an indoor pool area? Please help I'm losing my mind!
    It's best to maintain 2 degree differential between air temp and water temp. By keeping the space temp 2 degrees above water temp, you will not evaporate the water as much and you should be able to maintain an acceptable RH in the space. I assume the space is served by a dehum unit designed for pool use?

You need to maintain the temperature under the pool temperature not above it. Cooler air cannot hold as much moisture as hot air.
    Try this and it will help to reduce the humidity level. Another option is to introduce more outside air.

Quote Originally Posted by cnay20 View Post
    You need to maintain the temperature under the pool temperature not above it. Cooler air cannot hold as much moisture as hot air.
    Try this and it will help to reduce the humidity level. Another option is to introduce more outside air.
    Desert Air they want's 2 above if you go below cooling will turn on and you will dehumidify with the cold coil

Yes, I was talking about humidifying by cooling.

but you will pull the water out of the pool if you go below in temp

You might consider the Hi-E Dry 195 dehumidifier as supplement to what you are doing now. thermastor.com is the web site. 8 lbs. per hour for 1.3 kwh
    http://www.thermastor.com/commercial-dehumidification/
    Regards TB
    Last edited by teddy bear; 07-05-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: missing word
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

nope
    Always here

Ever see what comes off of a lake on a cool morning? The air temperature needs to be 2 degrees warmer.

TJP you need to have a good understanding of the equipment as a whole or you will never get the moisture out of the air.

To the OP. If you can get your hands on the original plans that would be great.
    Also: Kids = Splash area = Humid.

A pool area is meant for people who are wet, not dry.
    Always here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast