+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kinda piece do I need to pack?

Post Likes
    Okay here's the scenario. I have to check out the control board on a horizontal furnace in a 2.5 - 3 foot high crawl space. The furnace is not facing the door. No Light. To reach the the furnace you have to crawl under the supply trunk. As I start to worm my way under the duct I hear a wierd noise in front of me. Now I'm half way under the duct and can barely move but I reach for my sorry light and when I shine it ahead of me all I see are 2 red eyes. Not a dog or cat but a PO'd racoon. Now I can barely move but I manage to get outta there as swift as possible.

In the past year I've come across rats, squirrels, long snake skins, and now a racoon. What I want to know is what do you guys think is a good protection piece? I've thought of a mag light but I really don't want to carry that around just to wallop some creature over the head with it. And the batteries are too expensive to use. I don't think a pellot gun would stop that racoon if he came for me.

Post Likes
    Mase? Just make sure it's pointed the right direction lol

Post Likes
    cattle prod or taser on a 3ft stick maybe just refuse till pest control get there and see what they use
    no pepper spray it will get you too
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    AK-47 or a uzi will do the job,also will help with attic ventilation.

Senior Tech Guest
    Freon cannon...freeze dry'm then smack'm with a hammer and watch'm shatter.

Post Likes
    You just need to get yourself a TOUGH helper!

Post Likes
    The answer to your question is here http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=2858 read the entire thread then come back and tell us what you learned.

Post Likes
    from what i have heard most animals hae the smell of moth balls

maybe throw a couple handfulls under there the day before

Post Likes
    You know most of the time it's not a big deal. But this time I was freggin stuck under a duct and could barely move when I heard it. I think these are the times you send a helper under first. or maybe a nosey HO. Taser on a stick. That's a good one. One the guys at the supply house says he carries a .22 with rat shot.

Post Likes
    The Drainblaster 2000!
    (Made by Pason Mfg.)

Post Likes
    410 shotgun sawed off to 14" should do the trick in tight quarters with little collateral damage.
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

Post Likes
    North American Arms makes a 22 derringer that is 5 shot (revolver) and not much longer than a AA battery....even make a belt buckle holster..it fits in to the belt buckle like its a part of the design and 1 after market company sells a Pager case that's a holster for it. with rat shot it would chase away the raccoon.. most likely would not kill it.....but I'm not sure happy home owner is going to like you busting caps in their house. From just a liability stand point....pepper spray would be simple and should work...and you wont have to explain to boss or cops why your customer is freaking out about you shooting up their house.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by senior tech
    Freon cannon...freeze dry'm then smack'm with a hammer and watch'm shatter.
    I like S.T's idea best.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by chillrdude
    The answer to your question is here http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=2858 read the entire thread then come back and tell us what you learned.
    I must agree.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by doglips
    ....even make a belt buckle holster..it fits in to the belt buckle like its a part of the design

I would be under house crawling around get it cought it would twist and i would shoot my boys off

I dont like that idea

Post Likes
    Belt Buckle Holster
    http://www.naaminis.com/custcry.html

its actualy a fairly safe design..revolver is a sigle action type.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    I just fart and everything that breaths either runs or dies
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    A squirt gun filled with muriatic acid, aim for the face.

Make sure you get one that wont leak in your pocket.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes

Talking

self lighting mapp torch....and bar-b-que sauce
    Da Threadkilla

Post Likes
    otay wise men of hvac talk. I am on page 88 of Diceman's 9mm thread. I feel wise beyond my years. Where are the pictures??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in