Hey guys, great site, i just recently had my A/c worked on by a tech sent by my home warranty. The outside pump fan stopped running, he did a check up on the rest of the inside system and removed the top of the plenum?spl where the coils are, i notcied my coils were sitting in about 1.5" of water or more, i asked if that could hurt the cooling of the house as the water temp would be hotter than the coils were in turn not letting the coils get cold as they could and he said it shouldnt be a problem.

My drain is fine and i have water flow but its like the drain hole ion the bottom of the box isnt low enough and and lets water stand in there. we just moved in to the house (its 6 years old) and the house doesnt cool in the day time very well (only can get around 75), but does a good job at night. my neighbor has the same 1.5 story house with the same unit and can get his house as cool as he wants it in the day time.

Any help or tips on this standing water issue would be great.

thanks
    Chad K

its a goodman (uh oh dont flame) unit. i think if that helps

[Edited by tritontr21 on 09-18-2005 at 12:06 AM]

The drain pan may be slanted the wrong way, or the drain line might be hooked to the aux drain connection. Can't tell from here.

As far as cooling, is the duct work in the attic.

There may be other things wrong, same size house, doesn't always mean the same size system, but not enough info to make a good guess.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Are you getting any mosquitoes in the house? Home warranty should cover an exterminator.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Well my question is, does all that water make it harder for the unit to cool effeciently?

thanks

Not really.

You said an inch and a half.

I wouldn't want that water standing in my drain pan and growing bactria, and molds.

Also if you run the fan continuos, it will raise the humdity in your house quite a bit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?