+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ex's husband dying

Post Likes
    RoBo
    Keep talking with your son. Read between the lines, if you think he needs you NOW THEN GO. As far as your ex, at the first sign of trouble take a walk out side. It's your son that needs you, He's old enough to understand the feelings between you and your ex. Good Luck

PS: E-Mail me @aol.

Post Likes
    Tough situation, good luck Robin.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Yeah, Robo, Troy's right. Very important to be there for your son. The ex will manage if your son is there for her. Your support for your son is what will give him what he needs to be there for her.

You are right, Robo. Even if you and she were on the best of terms, distance between you is best considering you are in a relationship you hope will last.

Gonna be some tough times coming. They'll need to draw strength which you can provide to and through your son.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    The funeral is Saturday. My oldest boy who lives in Maryland is now in touch with Eric and seems to be giving him support as well.

My ex has crawled into herself and is now of no help at all to my son. When everything is over she will claim to not remember anything and take credit for everything positive. History is a very unstable entity with her.

It is a bit of an odd situation with my three boys. My youngest, Eric, is my only paternal son. My two oler boys, Douglas and David, are my ex's much younger half brothers that she and I raised. Hopefully the two oldest boys will be supportive of Eric without trying to give long distance advice.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Truly a tough thing to go thru for you and your family.

My ex died a few years ago ,so a similar situation,as far as children and all.We got thru it and have stronger relationships today,hope it works out the same for you,and yours.

Post Likes
    I have to admit; it's going a lot smoother then I ever thought it would have. I even got an email from my ex thanking me for my support, so I guess she's back in the game.

Please don't pay much attention to the negative feelings about my ex, I really do feel sorry for her loss right now. I just cannot bring myself to trust her. At least my son and my two other boys know how she is and won't let her pull any emotional stunts like she has in the past.

I know you all know, but I would like to reiterate; getting the support I have received here means a great deal to me.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I know you all know, but I would like to reiterate; getting the support I have received here means a great deal to me.
    No problem Robin. Isn't that what we all are here for.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    If you make the trip down ,we are just 40 miles SW west of Ocalla,so if need anything just call.

Or you can stop by and we'll show you one of those Infinity things ,you know a real Air Conditioner.LOL!!!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash
    If you make the trip down ,we are just 40 miles SW west of Ocalla,so if need anything just call.

Or you can stop by and we'll show you one of those Infinity things ,you know a real Air Conditioner.LOL!!!!
    That actually would be a nice side trip dash. I have enjoyed meeting everyone from here so far, even people you would think could never get along. It's really neat getting to see the real person behind the virtual personafication.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    You didn't stage all this to get a free vacation, did you?

Post Likes
    I think Robin wants to be a storm chaser and work on damaged equipment.

Drive safe when you go Robin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in