+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ex's husband dying

Post Likes
    You're a good dad Robin and I just hope if I'm ever in a simular position that my kids will rely on me like that. It's hard to build a relationship like that in person and you've got it going on over a 1,000 miles away. Great work dude and keep it up. The rewards of being a good parent are phenominal.

Post Likes
    My son and I are very close and have mostly been living together over the years. He just moved to Florida to help out with Robert. No one expected Robert to take a dive the way he has though.

My son was taken by wife when we seperated, he was 14. After about 6 grueling months of his mother using him to get to me, he realized what she was doing.

When she abandoned him by moving out of state and then reporing him as a runnaway to cover her ass, he came to live with me. We have been co-habitating on and off ever since. He is a very good guy, but he does some very stupid things at times. This is a time when he has been nothing less then stupendous in his actions and I am very proud of the way he is handling things.

Robert made it through the night and it seems that the family down there are starting to come to grips with the realities that are going to occur shortly. I desperately need to be with there for my son during the funeral because that is when he is going to let all of the things he has been pushing down come up.

Funny, we are all going to go through similar to this and yet none of us seems to emotionally prepare for it.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

Robin
    It sounds like you did a wonderful job of raising a son under very trying times. You should be pleased with your hard work. Don’t let the “Stupid Things” get to you. I believe at the convention we discussed “The mistakes we’ve made and how we learned by them”.
    This is the shitty end of life but one we have to deal with. Now is the time to be with your son, He needs you. I know the problems with your ex will stay on the back burner, you’re a good man Robin. Good luck and god bless

Paul, Vicki & Julie

Post Likes
    RoBo,
    I will be praying for you and your family.
    Sometimes members of our family just need us there not to do anything but just be there. Make the calls to your son and go when the timeis right and above all be sure to tell him that you love him, are proude of him, and suport him.

I realize you are probely doning these things already, my coments are to encourage you. All of here are hurting for you and are behind you.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    He is a very good guy, but he does some very stupid things at times.
    You're not a normal boy/man if you don't screw up once in a while.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm
    Like father, like son?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse
    Originally posted by mattm
    Like father, like son?
    NO DOUBT! I was a tad smarter at getting away with stuff and the police were a lot less asinine when I was growing up

We are keeping in touch mostly by email. I just got back from visiting my old friend who is also getting on day by day; he is doing good today.

I will just have to wait to see what happens. Things have turned around in life for people...who knows? With the amount of positive energy in this thread alone I would not be surprized to see a condemned man get better.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Robo

I really feel for your son. I saw my boys go through their mothers passing.
    It made me cry to see them hurt.
    Damn, won't most of us go through this? Get prepared?
    Yea sure.
    If you need a loan or donation let me know.
    Keep in touch with your son.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you to comfort your child.
    You know, Its tough being a Man.
    We need all the friends we can get in this world. Roy

Post Likes
    It feels like they are going through the calm before the storm right now. What is really strange is that things usually happen in the middle of the night. I hate it when my phone rings in the middle of the night, it's never good.

Maybe I can get my truck fixed before this all comes tumbling down. Hopefully my son and his mom will be getting along after Robert has passed. The women in her family were all a bit whacko so maybe my son and her can help each other after Robert is gone. Who knows..."life is what happens to us while we're busy making other plans."
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Robert passed away just before 2 am this morning. I don't even know if he was a drinking man, but it seems like this was his idea of last call.

Eric says that while Robert never actually woke up he did respond to questioning by smiling and squeezing Eric's hand when asked questions. Because of the way Robert reacted during his last hours, Eric feels that he was happy and feels that Robert was ready to move on.

This is coming from a young man who has in the past been quite negative about my faith. Evidently, Robert too was a man of faith and I get the impression that Eric got to see some direct results of having faith by being with Robert in his last days as a mortal man.

Thank you all for accompanying me through this. Now I just have to get down to see Eric because I know he is real vulnerable about death right now.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Rest in peace, Robert.

Post Likes
    Robo, glad to see you are helping your son, and going down to be there for him.

Drive safe.

I am sure you son will lose it when he sees you on person, and is thankful to still have you there.

Post Likes

Every time I read this I think

Robin has an ex husband?????? I don't see the 's quick enough. I'm glad he went easy. Only way to go. He got the easy part and he's done now. Everybody else still has to deal with the loss. I hope I die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and panicking like the rest of the passengers in his car.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Just lost a friend of mine with the same thing. R.I.P. and I wish the best for your son and yourself. Life isn't always fair...
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes

Robo

I don't think that there is anything you can say that will make your son feel better. Knowing Dad is there is enough. Roy

Post Likes

Hey RoBo

I'm glad to see Robert was able to go in peace with loved ones by is side and also to see your son Eric able to lean on a man that has values and cares for the wellbeing of his son instead of the petty past with the ex. God Bless you both and keep the faith.

Post Likes
    Thanks all. I haven't heard anything today. I know they must all be about numb while being busy doing what needs to be done. I am shooting for this weekend. I really do not want to be there during the funeral. That may be awkward for Robert's family who don't know who I am. Aside from that, I am really a terrible person when it comes to death. I simply do not know how to act or react, so I tend to avoid as much as I can.

My only reason for going to see Eric is because he has asked me to be with him for a couple of days. That, I understand.

According to Eric, his mom "lost it". I am not sure what he means by that but as harsh as this may sound; I don't trust her. Hopefully she doesn't sucker him into the emotional roller coaster she put me through several times in our marriage.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Why not have him come stay with you for a while ?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gruvn
    Why not have him come stay with you for a while ?
    You must be kidding.

Post Likes
    He is needed there.
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in