Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got zapped by a black wasp on Monday opening up an RTU, thought them SOB'S were sleeping due to it being a cold morning,,, silly me

Cool,I bang every time specially in the summer on the grill or condenser.
    On a ladder 12 feet up banged,no response so I pulled the 4'X4' grill and WOW!!!!!.They tore up my forearm,meanwhile the DA maintenance man
    hollers Wasp!so I scoot down the ladder using the grill for a shield while letting them have at my forearm.Arghh!I ain't breaking my leg over these dang things.
    My forearm looked bad for an hour or so.Some tried to get me to go for med treatment,heck I rubbed some diluted coil rinse soap on it and in a few hours it was all over.
    Moral,Keep a cool head.They won't kill most of you and if they can you probably ought to find other work.

WD_40 works wonders, and I carry an epi pen in my tool pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    they also love disconnects. Most of the time you can usually spot a couple lookout bees/wasps hovering around to tip you off
    yup ... i see them all of the time in there

I always bang on the panels and disconnect before taking them off. I also look in the bottom rails on the roof tops, they like to nest in there as well..

I just had 2 in my house! Looks like they were coming through the bathroom exhaust, I fixed that so they cant come through there now.

I fogged the attic last night, hope those suckers are dead. The joys of being a homeowner.

I usually go to the same places. When I do my spring inspections, when i get up on the roofs Ill go to every roof top unit and check for nests and kill them.. I did that last summer and the worst couple places were fine last year with no nests.. Its was nice.

Best thing for wasps, bees ect. CARBERATOR CLEANER !

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    yellow jackets at this house i went to today, i saw about 10 hovering amongst the grass down this pathway ... im like ... ut oh they gotta have a nest close by. Carefully made my way over the unit and there they were going down into the ground under an azalea bush next to it.

I left and will go back tonight when they are all in the ground asleep and kill them.

Usually i dump a gallon of gasoline on them, but i cant go killing their bushes.

What to do ...

You use gasoline to kill bees??????? That is about as stupid a comment as I have read here in years.

Quote Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
    You use gasoline to kill bees??????? That is about as stupid a comment as I have read here in years.
    pffffftt dude i dont deserve credit quite yet ... i can post like Way more stupid posts ...im just getting warmed up buddy

Brake Clean!
    A tech from one of our local propane companies taught me to use it several years ago. They buy it by the cases because there's almost always a nest under the lid of a propane tank. It cost $2 a can and if you hit 'em with it, they're going down for the count - permanently.

i have plenty of brake clean ... im gonna try that !

Okay, so adding to my tool bag: Brake cleaner, WD-40, OFF! and sunscreen
    "It's not an OLD unit, it's a testament to old school manufacturing of quality over quantity." http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...608_092209.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DMACCGrad11 View Post
    Okay, so adding to my tool bag: Brake cleaner, WD-40, OFF! and sunscreen

Just make sure it's the regular, chlorinated Brake Clean. The non-chlorinated may get you stung.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12