Yellow Jacket Vacuum Guage 69086 Problems

Yellow Jacket Vacuum Guage 69086 Problems

I wish I had never heard of a micron... My first guage was a Jb it lasted 4 yrs and I think it died because it got wet-I then spent a little more and got the YJ 69086, it lasted 9months and then it would not read consistently. It got shipped back to YJ so they could fix it...a year later and it is doing weird stuff agian. Hooked up to my vac pump it read 20 microns in like 30 seconds, then I tested agian now it will not measure below 500, cleaned sensor with alcohol, before 1st test and after second test and now it will not go below 500. Any thoughts guys I am pretty pissed I use this thing to ensure I am doing quality work and it can not be trusted...
    Still learning opinions welcome.

I've had to buy a new sensor once....because of the same issues you've described. Its a pretty simple change...costs around $45
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

my problem was the plug the goes into the sensor. if i wiggled that plug my readings would change. i finally got rid of the POS and bought a bluvac. so far so good. only owned it a month. will update as time goes

and badboy....where u getting your sensors? i called carrier to get one and the price cost just about as much as a new one. so i ended up buying a new one

My first one just up and died, no display, nothing after a few weeks of use. Sent it in and after several months (distributor loosing it, not YJ's fault) I got it back and it's worked for one season. Now it's doing the same thing you describe. Cleaning doesn't seem to do anything for it. I have one more sensor left that came with my YJ digital manifolds, but after it breaks I'm going with another company. Too many problems after mild use in my opinion.

I've had problems with it too. I got a new sensor for it and it's still all over the map. I had to buy a supco just to get a job done, even that one seemed iffy, I'm going to order the bluvac.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    and badboy....where u getting your sensors? i called carrier to get one and the price cost just about as much as a new one. so i ended up buying a new one

I've bought a few things throught his co. and haven't had a problem.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1404929...=sbar&_lwgsi=y
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

i've changed the sensor in mine once in the three years i've had mine.

least the Y/J allows you to change the sensor and not have to buy a whole new rig, that was the selling point for me...
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i've changed the sensor in mine once in the three years i've had mine.

least the Y/J allows you to change the sensor and not have to buy a whole new rig, that was the selling point for me...
    As soon as you get oil on that sensor it's screwed. Throws you for a real loop as it pulls down but not like it should....plus it rises quickly after valve off making you think you still have moisture or a leak. Learned my lesson and haven't changed one since.